pellets for the method

Status
Not open for further replies.

ada

brummie
I have been using cats and dogs hookers on a hair rig on the method,I do think though that they do come off sometimes on the cast,I have tried ringers new ones they seem better though a bit soft and you sit there wondering if your baits still on,can anyone recommend a pellet that will stay on the hair rig on a 60 yard cast.trout pellets are banned on the fishery and I dont use bait bands, thanks

MALC

Ada,
Best way to stop the worry is to put a piece of paste around the pellet and hook, if it's mixed right you can make it so the paste dissolves straight away or stays on longer.

Personaly though i've not had the problem with either of the pellets you mention or exspanders they all stay on the hair or hook better than a live maggot does in my opinion.

Malc
Fish with Friends @ MaggotDrowning.com

ada

brummie
cheers malc I think its a confidence thing,i've used the paste rap round before and caught well.I went the other day to practice for a match and was getting odd bites on the pellet and the odd fish,but every time I brought the method in to recast the pellet was gone.I put 2 pieces of corn on in the end and took 18 carp but normally the pellet takes the fish.

MALC

Ada,
Another way to make sure the pellets still on is to use a bayonet and to superglue the pellet on the bayonet, you'll also find that you can land a lot of fish before the pellet come's off.

Malc

ada

brummie
malc i drilled a hole through some vde original 6mm carp pellets tonight,tried then on a hair,bounced them down the garden path and they were still on,i'll let you know how the match goes sunday,you can bet i will draw a pole peg after all this messing around!!

norm

i wish i had that prob mate

were i live i do not know of any water that the method could be used on

never mind

see yas later
norm

it isn`t the size of the tiddler that counts

MALC

Norm,

What about Semer ?
Dont forget the frame feeder was developed for Bream most people though forget that and only use em for Carp. THE FOOLS.

Malc

norm

ohhhhhhh

i did not know that mate

may give it a try one day soon

it isn`t the size of the tiddler that counts

MALC

Norm,

The Emstate frame feeder was developed back in the late 70's to fish over soft bottoms (silt) or as a way to get alot of groundbait at distance in a short space of time for Bream fishing.
Then in the late 80's it got doctored to become the method as used for Carp but in it's modern state it is still a great alround feeder for all fish that respond to groundbait.

It's also good in Ireland with rocky bottoms as i comes away from the bottm straight away and dont get snagged as much as normal groundbait feeders do.

Malc
Fish with Friends @ MaggotDrowning.com and take s from Dirk

Status
Not open for further replies.