Pellet water once soaked.

aeroken1

Hi All, this has bugged me for a while now, after watching many videos on YouTube and discs free from most angling shops I always wondered why when soaking your pellets people don't use the water that's drained off the pellets for the groundbait. Am I missing something or what??.
Do some anglers on here do it? Have any of you done it and found it helps??.
Thanks all.

RedRidingHood

Site Supporter
I make my groundbait up long before I even think about soaking pellets in just about every instance, However If for some reason I was to soak my pellets up before mixing groundbait I might chuck it in because it's there, Not because I believe it has any positive effects on the groundbait.

Again, Groundbait is always main priority for me. I'll have it made up before I even pull my pole out of the rod bag.

aeroken1

Thanks for that Red Riding hood. The weird thing is as im typing back to you im actually watching Robin Hood on Netflix. Thanks for your reply, Im not a big groundbait user to be honest I tend to use just Pellets, soaked or dry. Either on the hook or in a method feeder. Cheers Ken

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
I make my groundbait up the night before, just something I've always done. If the groundbait is a bit dry when setting up, then I'll use the water from the wet pellet. I don't see any difference in catch rate as I think the smell from the groundbait will be stronger than the water from the pellet.

Last edited:

markyboy

I soak my pellets for 10-15 seconds, drain water off then use this to mix groundbait, pellets and groundbait are then ready when I have finished tackling up