Pellet wagglers

Status
Not open for further replies.

fishing king

Hi all,

I no this topic has been under discusions quite a bit lately. But i have had a go at making my own and to be honest they arent bad. ok they dnt look as good as the real deal but they do the job.

I was just wondering if any one has made any for themselves and how they attatched the float to the line?

Thanks.

Thom

Originally posted by fishing king

Hi all,

I no this topic has been under discusions quite a bit lately. But i have had a go at making my own and to be honest they arent bad. ok they dnt look as good as the real deal but they do the job.

I was just wondering if any one has made any for themselves and how they attatched the float to the line?

Thanks.

I take a large sea fishing swivel and drill out a hole in the bottom of the float wide and deep enough to house it so that just one eye of the swivel is visible. i then drill a small pilot hole through the ey which is hidden inside the float and screw a very small screw in which goes 3/4 of the way throuhg the float (this is countersunk) then a bit of araldite in the base hole and a little mixed with some balsa dust over the screw head and you have a very neat and effective "eye" that comes in at a few pence. i prefer it to dowel, i just feel it is less likely to be defective

Thom

I've just tested the strength of the "eye" i have decided to try and use and it held strong under 15lb's of pressure which bottomed the scales out. it took a fair bit of pressure to bent the swivel nevermidn rip it out!

gazmalman

malmanfloats.com
Originally posted by metalforever

I take a large sea fishing swivel and drill out a hole in the bottom of the float wide and deep enough to house it so that just one eye of the swivel is visible. i then drill a small pilot hole through the ey which is hidden inside the float and screw a very small screw in which goes 3/4 of the way throuhg the float (this is countersunk) then a bit of araldite in the base hole and a little mixed with some balsa dust over the screw head and you have a very neat and effective "eye" that comes in at a few pence. i prefer it to dowel, i just feel it is less likely to be defective

Christ thats a mad crazy time consuming way of getting a waggler attached to line! LOL, it risks spliting the wood as well as. Run a cocktail stick into the bottom of the waggler, araldite it in. Make your own float adapters by cutting little bits of hollow laccy, like red hydro, and push a size 14 swivel in one end with a dab of waterproof super glue till it covers over to the eye. Bobs you uncle, you can change wagglers quickly when you need to as you often do.

maxwell_hung

caster blaster
The other problem with gluing the swivel directly into the float is if you need to change the float, you have to trash the rig and start again.

Thom

Originally posted by maxwell_hung

The other problem with gluing the swivel directly into the float is if you need to change the float, you have to trash the rig and start again.

i use a magical little device called a float connector[:D]

rooster

...another thread that has me scratching my head....whats a pellet waggler?...what can it do that a normal waggler can't?

badpegpicker

Proud to be a.....
Rooster, basically they are wider heavier versions of a chub float, usually self cocking/pre loaded.
There are loads of different versions about.

The only thing they do different to a normal waggler is the fact that because of their size/weight, they allow you to cast greater distances than say a 6 AAA waggler.
Also, due to their weight and size, some of them are quite effective at causing self hooking.
They are usually used for match fishing for carp.

Have a look here, and you will get a better idea....

http://www.swiftys-fishing-tackle.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=7176

Status
Not open for further replies.