Pellet Waggler

Status
Not open for further replies.

16Ewasko

Tired the pellet waggler on Sunday for the first time and I have to say, what a devastating method.
I started out on the bottom on the pole but they were not really having it, only caught the odd fish.
My pal who I was fishing with was using floating crust and doing really well so I got my new Daiwa Power Float rod out and tackled up with a Mitchell Match reel with 5lb line and a 4lb hooklenth, size 12 drennan carp feeder hook and a hair-rigged bait-band, float was a 1.5gm drennan puddle chucker, locked with 2 no6 shot depth set to about a foot.
I fed 6mm carp pellets and used 8mm ones on the hook, I got the fish feeding quite quickly and in the end it got ridiculous, I was hooking them as soon as the float hit the water, and if I didn't get a bit straight away then I would turn the reel handle and fire in another 8-10 pellets.

gloves007uk

BROWNING
hi there buddy with regards to the lake you fished live in tidworth ,hampshire and looking for some new lakes to fish got any details on the lakes
many thanks
chris
Originally posted by 16Ewasko

Originally posted by gloves007uk

hey wasko where abouts were you fishing buddie?

I was fishing at Timsbury Manor Lakes, near Romsey.

16Ewasko

hi there buddy with regards to the lake you fished live in tidworth ,hampshire and looking for some new lakes to fish got any details on the lakes
many thanks
chris

hey wasko where abouts were you fishing buddie?

I was fishing at Timsbury Manor Lakes, near Romsey.

There isn't a great deal about the lakes on the web, only a small website.
Basically there are 3 lakes on site (Timsbury, Jeds, and Lower), plus a stretch of the River Test.
Timsbury Lake & Jeds Lake are open all year round and are situated next to each other. Timsbury is the larger of the two with around 35 pegs, Jeds is about half the size only having around 15 pegs, both lakes have a couple of islands.
Feature-wise there isn't a great deal to fish to apart from the islands the margins seem to be the place to fish but I think there are so many fish in there I don't think it really matters where you fish !!!
Like I say I've only fished there twice and that has been on Jeds Lake as they hold matches most Sundays on Timsbury lake but both times I have sacked up using corn over hemp against an island, banded pellet over pellet in the margins, and last Sunday I had some success using the pellet waggler.
Species wise it's mostly carp, but I have had some cracking roach to about a pound and also a small pike on a banded trout pellet.
There is another lake called lower lake which I haven't seen and I think its a bit of a specimen water and is only open from October until April.
Coarse fishing is available on the river from October.
Rules are pretty basic eg barbless hooks ect, but there is one rule that particulary sticks out - no cat meat or processed meat of any sort, as a couple of years ago catmeat was taking the place apart and people were using 16 tins of catmeat over a 6 hour match, and times that by 35 anglers thats a lot, too much in fact and there was so much un-eaten catfood in the place it took a lot of the oxygen out, luckily they managed to rescue the situation.

http://www.geocities.com/romseyweb/timsbury.htm

DryNetNick

Many thanks for that 16Ewasko! I'm also looking for new venues to fish so I'll have to take a visit there!

gloves007uk

BROWNING
cheers for the info buddie might just have to pay a trip down there some time soon
chris

badpegpicker

Proud to be a.....

Rules are pretty basic eg barbless hooks ect, but there is one rule that particulary sticks out - no cat meat or processed meat of any sort, as a couple of years ago catmeat was taking the place apart and people were using 16 tins of catmeat over a 6 hour match, and times that by 35 anglers thats a lot, too much in fact and there was so much un-eaten catfood in the place it took a lot of the oxygen out, luckily they managed to rescue the situation.

16 tins times 35 anglers?[:0]

They must have had every cat for 50 miles coming round for a sniff[;)]

Status
Not open for further replies.