Pellet waggler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Godber

Priapism! ladies?
Site Supporter
What is a good depth to start at? been looking at a couple of youtube clips and they vary in depth from 2ft to 1ft?

badpegpicker

Proud to be a.....
Depends on the venue and how deep it is really.

I usually start off at around 2-3ft on most venues where its around say 6ft deep, then try a bit shallower if I get liners, but if Im not getting any indications, I ll keep going deeper until things happen.

Just remember, on the day, the fish often move up and down throughout the day, and rarely just sit at one depth for a whole session.

If things go quiet, adjust a few inches either way till you start to pick up again.

batman

one third of the total depth is a good starting point.
i.e. 2 foot in 6 foot of water
3 foot in 9 foot of water
4 foot in 12 foot of water

as badge said the fish dont really stay at one depth for very long, you have to search for them all day sometimes.

pole addict

Originally posted by batman

as badge said the fish dont really stay at one depth for very long, you have to search for them all day sometimes.

Another one joins the "badgepicker" club. [:D][:D]

badpegpicker

Proud to be a.....
Originally posted by pole addict

Originally posted by batman

Another one joins the "badgepicker" club. [:D][:D]

[:p][:D][:D]

greentura

Greenie
most fisheries will have a minimum depth you have to fish at below the float and if the fish are well up in the water and feeding confidently start there, 10" usually, then deepen up until they start tuggin' yer line[;)] same goes for bagging waggler, treat it like a method feeder and use as short as you can[:T]

Last edited:

rodring

Account Locked
vary feed as well try three quick pouches of 3-4 pellets then nothing on the next cast and wait for the rod to be pulled in.

Godber

Priapism! ladies?
Site Supporter
HOOKED! Got to Cefn Mably match lake and set up the waggler. Plumbed at 6ft so started at 2ft deep. Fed 4 8mm pellets then cast over the top and fed another 4 pellets. It was a bit slow to start with but i managed a couple before switching to the tip rod and method feeder to the island. Bagged up with about 30 odd carp in the net by the time i emptied it at 2pm. Picked up the waggler again but changed from pellet to 6mm cubes of meat fished at 12inches and basicaly had a fish a chuck until 6pm when i packed up. Got through 2 tins of meat, 1kg of wetted 4mm pellets(method feeder and loose feeding the waggler line) 2 pints of 8mm pellets and best part of 2 tins of corn when the meat and pellets ran out. Caught with them all and did well over the ton.[:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.