Pellet waggler rod, which one?

DevonDangler

Site Supporter
Have a look at the Team Daiwa Commercial rods, light, beautiful action and cast like a dream. You may have to add a tenner to your budget though ???

Markywhizz

Clueless member
Site Supporter
I’ve got a 10ft Garbolino Challenger Carp Waggler which is very light with a lovely action. They do an 11ft. It’s about £50 if you shop around.

JRW

Site Supporter
Have a look at the Team Daiwa Commercial rods, light, beautiful action and cast like a dream. You may have to add a tenner to your budget though ???

Second that. I’ve got four of these rods and worth going a tenner over budget. They’re available in two strengths but there isn’t one at 11ft. I’ve got the ‘standard power’ 10ft-6in and 11ft-6in pellet wagglers. Love them

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
If you can find a decent secondhand example the Shakespeare Mach3 11ft pellet waggler is still a fantastic rod IMO. ;)

JRW

Site Supporter
If you can find a decent secondhand example the Shakespeare Mach3 11ft pellet waggler is still a fantastic rod IMO.

These were nice rods to fish with but have a reputation for easily breaking, it happened to me twice. First time the tip snapped off in the bag. Second time top section snapped at the ferrule casting a 10g float. That’s when I gave up with them. So now in my loft I’ve got two good buts and a top with a new tip eye which makes the rod 10ft 11in instead of 11ft and it doesn’t quite look right. These bits are free to anybody that can be bothered to come and collect them.

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Well I can only speak as I find, I have had one of the originals since they were launched in 2008 and an XT since they were launched in 2010, neither of which have given me a moments trouble and I have landed Carp up to 17lbs using them.

JRW

Site Supporter
Well I can only speak as I find, I have had one of the originals since they were launched in 2008 and an XT since they were launched in 2010, neither of which have given me a moments trouble and I have landed Carp up to 17lbs using them.

Peter
I was tempted to find a second hand replacement for mine but I was put off by this post :-

The Mach 111 should have great reviews as they were a 100 rod sold off cheap when discontinued although they do hold our shop record for unexplained breakages.
There are lots of pellet waggler rods from 30 Daiwas upwards and most of them will do a good job with normal sized pellet wagglers best shuffle along to a shop and look at a few to see what suits you and your budget.

Ken the Pacman

Site Supporter
I find it amazing that so many people still recommend rods like the Mach 111 discontinued nearly 5 years ago and Maver Abyss range discontinued maybe 4 years ago as surely there are none left in stock anywhere now.
Yes at the prices they both finished up being sold for they were excellent value for money but things have moved on and equally good product is available currently at only slightly higher prices.
and yes the Mach 111 still hold that record with us.