pellet waggler rod/reel

Status
Not open for further replies.

pparker66

Whats the best pellet waggler rod and reel combination on the market?
i have a normark avenger will this be ok?
and what is the best reel for this work?

Matt Love

The slapper
I just bought a Drennan Carp Pellet Waggler rod which you can fish at 11'6" or 13'. It's very good and handy that you can fish it at 2 lengths. It's only handled carp to 3lb so far but seems to have a lot of stick through the middle and butt as well as being able to chuck heavy wagglers and it's only 90. I think some lads like the Carbonite rods but they are more expensive.

I use a Browning 8010 reel so you can 'finger' the barrel instead of using the drag but they stopped making them years ago (shame). If you like using drag then some of the Shimano reels have got a clever system where you can use a small lever to increase or decrease the drag easily when playing a fish, it's instant and better than messing around with the main drag knob. Other than that the top-of-the-range Daiwa's look very tasty!

Not sure about the Avenger and what it can handle, sorry.

strat2

i use maver genesis for all out bagging (through action) CHEAP !!!

tica sa 3000 reel with 4lb ultima power match

nick_gilbert

NG Floats, Elastic
Site Supporter
The 11ft Carbonactive is a excelent rod and the one I use, you may want something longer if you plan to fish at range,and you can stick with the Normark.

I like the top end Daiwas and use the USA model of the TD-R for the reel. But any decent sized reel should do.

strat2

nick the 11ft carbo mini i used i found it was poorly constructed and not nice to use really, so i settled for buying a few maver genesis 12ft rods.
They had a nice finish and almost a better through action than the carbos only difference the minis are stiffer thn the genesis.
small reels like your TD-sol are perfect for the method. i agree heavly with a front drag reel and loose clutch so you can hit the fish and let them run if they bolt off.

nick_gilbert

NG Floats, Elastic
Site Supporter
Not sure the Carbonactive is poorly constructed been banging out ton plus weights with mine for over a year and it still feels and looks like new!

strat2

oh well its really personal prefernce isnt it nick.

some people feel differently about rods.

also i prefer the chunky reel handel it supports my hand more than the mini.

Also the maver powerlite 11ft pellet wag rods i have heard are really good one is on order for me at the moment

young un

I use a Preston 11ft mini rod for all my pellet wag fishing it casts brilliant and has a brilliant fish playing action. As for the reel I would either use a Daiwa Tdr or a Shimano stradic with a front drag both these reels are brilliant and just right for this type of stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.