Pellet waggler reel

Smithy231218

Hi all

I've just bought a Preston Supera Pellet Waggler 11ft and would like recommendations of a reel to pair it up with.
I've always thought Daiwa made the best reels but never stretched to a TDR but I'm open to suggestions.
Thanks

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
I use Daiwa Ninja 4000 size reels on my pellet wag rods, I know they’re lower budget than a lot of anglers choice, but they seem well engineered,and are very smooth, got a good drag and quite a bit of cranking power (price is £50-60)

Maesknoll

Chris
Staff member
Site Supporter
I use TDR’s - what you buy and how long they last is in direct relation to how often you use them.

alsur

Site Supporter
I use Daiwa procaster evo very good reel it's better than original TDM I've got hard to find now. Procaster is also good but spools deeper and no hip clip.

carphauler

Barbel Tickler
I use Daiwa procaster evo very good reel it's better than original TDM I've got hard to find now. Procaster is also good but spools deeper and no hip clip.
That's strange, the procaster evo 3008 I have has a similar depth spool to the tdm and an hip clip.

rd115

плак-плак
Site Supporter
KastKing Sharky III is owned by a couple of us on here now and we view it quite favourably.

Handle is screw in and doesn't fold but if you can overlook that it's a cracking reel. 3000/4000 would be ideal for pellet waggler or any float work really.

Doesn't come with a spare spool but seller will sell one for about a tenner. All in means about £50 Inc VAT and shipping from China. Takes about 2 weeks to arrive.

Let's shop together on AliExpress with new user coupons Your US $3.00 in coupons are here! 39.21US $ 49% OFF|KastKing Sharky III Innovative Water Resistance Spinning Reel 18KG Max Drag Power Fishing Reel for Bass Pike Fishing|Fishing Reels| - AliExpress

There is a thread somewhere on here with a video review.

Dchambo

I’ve just bought the latest tdm (two of them) and they are fantastic! Don’t think there is anything in that price bracket with all the functions and machanic,s that comes close!