Pellet waggler/bomb fishing query

Status
Not open for further replies.

twang

If you was to be fishing and the pellet waggler and legering with a bomb as the two methods of choice,is it a big no-no to fish to the same swim with both methods?

Or would you have a different swim for each. Would you keep these two swims near to each other or would you keep them seperate so that if you chuck in the legered bomb it wouldn't scare away the carp near the surface in the other swim?

Any help/tips/pointers would be greatfully received.

Also if pellet waggler fishing would you want your line to be sinking or not.

rodring

Account Locked
fish the same swim start on the bomb feeding over the top of it with pellet when bites cease on tip or fish can be seen swap over to pellet waggler.

peteblade

Fishing the bomb over your pellet waggler line works well at Boddingtons, keep swapping between the two and you keep catching.

rodring

Account Locked
Originally posted by twang

If you was to be fishing and the pellet waggler and legering with a bomb as the two methods of choice,is it a big no-no to fish to the same swim with both methods?

Or would you have a different swim for each. Would you keep these two swims near to each other or would you keep them seperate so that if you chuck in the legered bomb it wouldn't scare away the carp near the surface in the other swim?

Any help/tips/pointers would be greatfully received.

Also if pellet waggler fishing would you want your line to be sinking or not.
don't sink your line just try to keep it as tight as possible by flicking your rod tip or winding in a little ,

twang

Thanks for the replies guys ! Much appreciated.

I was just wary of getting the fish feeding on pellet up in the water and then if I had to switch back to leger from pellet waggler whether it would scare the fish if I had to cast back in over them.

rodring, have put some new line on my reel and noticed it is quite bouyant and staying on the surface. I was just wondering whether to treat it to sink or leave as is if I'm going to be fishing about 1ft deep on the pellet waggler.

slf

NUFC
Often when firig the pellets over the top the fish will come up in the water and the pellet wag over the top can be a great success

rodring

Account Locked
Originally posted by twang

Thanks for the replies guys ! Much appreciated.

I was just wary of getting the fish feeding on pellet up in the water and then if I had to switch back to leger from pellet waggler whether it would scare the fish if I had to cast back in over them.

rodring, have put some new line on my reel and noticed it is quite bouyant and staying on the surface. I was just wondering whether to treat it to sink or leave as is if I'm going to be fishing about 1ft deep on the pellet waggler.
leave the line it as it is mate.don't worry about the splash of your bomb rather than putting them off it can actually attract them.

Status
Not open for further replies.