Pellet waggler advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashy

I fished willow lake at partridge fisheries and decided to try the pellet waggler for the first time ever. It went quite successfully and I caught quite a few chub, small carp, roach and f1s. However, for every fish I caught I must have missed 4. The setup I used was about 1 1/2 ft deep with 10ml banded halibut pellets on a size 12 hook with 6pm line. Has anyone got any tips to connect with more of these bites? The things I can think of myself are: a smaller pellet/hook and hair rig instead of band.

Thankshhhhhhhhhanks v

Smileybri

its something you have to live with,you will get loads of bites that you cant hit,sometimes its small stuff just snatching at the bait.
something you can try is,go a bit deeper to prolong the vertical fall of your bait,it can result in some really positive bites.

pegasus

benny
use a smaller pellet and a smaller hook and use either longer or shorter hair
feed 6mm and fish with a 8mm with a size 18 hook the hook should be about 1/4 inch away from the band or pellet.

dave brittain 1

Halibut pellet sinks quite quickly therefore you'd be better off using coarse pellet. I always use the same size hook bait as what I'm feeding and I'd only use 10mm pellet if I need to fish at extreme range. Hook size you shouldn't have to go bigger than a size 16 with 8mm pellet.

The key to the method is feeding and being at the right depth.Try getting some Perry Stone adaptors which don't make the float dive like normal adaptors and weighted float due to their construction.

See this article for general info on the method however you don't need to feed the amounts of bait quoted as venues like Viaduct and Stafford Moor were very heavily stocked at the time of writing the article and 200lb weights were common place. Now 150lbs is a good weight and I rarely use more than 8 pints of bait.

http://www.fishing-world.co.uk/matchtips/fishing-the-dumpy-waggler.html

Status
Not open for further replies.