pellet wag hooks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff D

I use Kamasan B911 or Drennan carp match for Carp up to about 5lb and Drennan Carpfeeder for lumps[:)]

kevb

was 'bigkevb'
on the feeder/ledger i like to use drennan carp feeder , on a pole rig if i tie myown hook length i use a kamasan animal . or if i use a hook to nylon its a preston pr21 for me......[:T][:T][:T]

pegasus

benny
if you asked 100 anglers that question you would probably get 100 different answers best to find one that your confident with one that you can afford and one that works for you mate.
my preferance for pellet wag at the moment is the B911 but ive just tied a box of guru up and i`ll give them a go and see how i go on with them, i belive you have to strike when using pellet wag and i belive that striking with a guru dosnt work, so i`ll give them a go on a pleasure session to test the theory.

midge99

PR36 if I'm banding or lassoing pellets B911 or drennan wide gape pellet for everything else

davidlowe0

PR36's for me.

Do you not find the QM1's would miss qite a few bites to the point being offset???
I have never tried it because of this theory and have only used them with the feeder!
I would love for someone to say the work perfect on the wag as they really are a top hook for the feeder and well worth the extra money.

pauln

Dreadexit
Site Supporter
I would use a B911 as well if the fish didn't go past 5lb [;)] I have had them straighten

PaulN

gillm

I use Drennan wide gape pellet, lovely shaped hook in the felsh and a great all rounder:

http://www.bosfish.co.uk/PRODUCTS/hooks%20etc/drennan_barbless_hooks.htm#dr960

pegasus

benny
over the weekend i used the guru qm hook on pellet wag with banded pellet, i had loads of bites on 6mm and 8 mm hard pellets but i was finding it hard to conect with the fish, when i did hook a fish it stayed hooked and every fish i hooked on the guru hook was landed the guru hooks really do hold em on, problem was bite to fish ratio so i changed over to a B 911 and my bites to landed fish ratio went up.
yesterday fishing the method feeder with banded pellet i started with a guru qm hook and every fish i hooked i landed, so for my personal preferance i`ll use B911 on the pellet wag ang guru qm on the method feeder.

legs230258

Site Supporter
From a personal point of view i use pr36 or pr38 for banding,bayonet or hair rigged baits when fishing the waggler shallow for carp. The guru qm1's were designed for their effectiveness and successful hook up ratio when feeder or method fished on a bolt or fixed rig.If you go to the guru site i'm sure that its the "connection ratio of bites to landed fish" that are "successfully increased when using the qm1's" on a bolt rig that is the main sales pitch and that the hook design is based on the sea fishing long liners hooks. The guru's are a strong hook and recent reports appear to be good when used as they were intended.But personally i stick with the prestons for their strenght and relibility.

chrisritch

Merchant Blanker
qm1s are too curved to have fish coming from underneath to hook properly. feeder hooks only imo. Kamasan Animal for me

steve1080

i agree with chrisritch i use kamasan animal very rarely miss bites and very strong ive had carp up to 19lb on them

Status
Not open for further replies.