pellet up in water???

Status
Not open for further replies.

craig b

i tried fishing pellet up in the water today about 8/10 inches deep and firing pellets out to it at about 10mtrs now my question is how long do i do this without a bite before i give up? i did it today for 1 and half hrs and no fish. how long do you give it??

Bill G

Grandad
go on nick gilberts web site mate you will learn all you need to know about pellet up in the water[8D]

nick_gilbert

NG Floats, Elastic
Site Supporter
Not sure you will learn all you want to know[:0]

www.nick-gilbert.com

You may have been fishing too shallow, try deepening up a bit at a time until you start to get bites. Alternatively start on the deck and lose feed little and often to bring the fish shallow, if you start to get line bites immediately after feeding, this is then the time to start to shallow up until you get proper bites.

Some matches I have fished I could not catch shallow for the first 3 hours but continued to feed while fishing another line on the deck, gone back out shallow for the last 1-2 hours and had one a bung!

Last edited:

craig b

had a good read of it thanks and maybe i will do better next time. [:D]

stevelockett

Could depend on a number of factors, not least of which would be; being in a suitable swim. If the swim is too shallow, it can be difficult to catch off bottom. Otherwise, you may have to feed for two or three hours before they really switch on, or you may have to find the depth they want to feed at. That could be four feet deep in eight feet of water. You may just have been fishing too shallow.
Perhaps you fed too heavily and they stayed deep. In my experience, many people feed way too much bait at too infrequent intervals when trying to catch shallow. Three or four pellets at a time is ample to create a competition between the fish, unless you have other anglers nearby doing the same.
Could also depend on the size of the fish, and type of fish in the swim. Some venues, the carp only show in certain areas, so you may have only expected to catch silvers from your swim.

spud

Baggin Machine
i fished the pellet shallow at renny lake on saturday and i was firing 10 pellets every 20 seconds and i caugt 4 carp 8 chub and a few roach fishing 1 foot deep with 6mm S-pellets.

badpegpicker

Proud to be a.....
I was fishing Boddington yesterday, had over the ton fishing about 2 ft deep.
Sorry to say this, but I had a fish on the first chuck lol.

Throughout the match I only fed 1 kilo of pellet, but some of that was going in on an emergency pole line close in.

Half a dozen pellets every 30 seconds to a minute is usually about right if they are "having it".

Carp-Freeek

' Shorty '
Vary Depths, Feeding Rate (Amount Of Bait Going In/Intervels Between Firing Out)

And fish longer, I never fish shorter than 13 meters when I'm fishing up in the water [;)]

mangrojack

ive caught well shallow at 6 meters before carp freek depends on how pole shy etc the fish are for me mate

steak

Left hand drawer
Hi Craig,

Where were you fishing ?

I found some venues require a slightly longer line to prevent "spooking" the fish.

Also, with this, you can "splash" your rig onto the water, which seems to draw the carp up (similar to "tapping").

Steak.

craig b

hi ste i was fishing folly at Risby i came 4th with 28lb 11oz. how's things with you?

Status
Not open for further replies.