Pellet thoughts.

Rick123

Site Supporter
So sadly the pre-prepared pellets I brought did not work for me at Hallcroft, so I brought 5 kilo of mixed from Pure-Pellet. That is a mix of Coppens and Skretting 50/50, I brought them after watching a video on Youtube. This guy mixed his depending on time of year, summer winter, and he only slightly soaked his pellets. He got the pellets and then covered them in water for about 30 seconds, mixing them with his hands to be sure they were all covered? He took them out drained them, and about 15 minutes later they were perfect, I mean not like mine, but perfect. Sticking to the feeder, but coming off in nice individual pellets. They also smell different to the normal pellets you buy in the bags for £4.00 for 900 grams. I got 5 kilo for £11.00, but postage took the edge off a bit?

Does anyone know what's in the bags you buy, are they a mix of both pellets and are they flavoured?

sporty

Site Supporter
Depending on what fishery you go to you may well need to use fishery pellets only .Skrettings and coppens are two different types of pellet and would take different amounts of time to arrive at the stage you want them.I wouldn't mix the two together but you can get sticky pellets now to make life easier for you ready straight from the bag at most tackle shops .Hope this helps

Fishfinderuk

So sadly the pre-prepared pellets I brought did not work for me at Hallcroft, so I brought 5 kilo of mixed from Pure-Pellet. That is a mix of Coppens and Skretting 50/50, I brought them after watching a video on Youtube. This guy mixed his depending on time of year, summer winter, and he only slightly soaked his pellets. He got the pellets and then covered them in water for about 30 seconds, mixing them with his hands to be sure they were all covered? He took them out drained them, and about 15 minutes later they were perfect, I mean not like mine, but perfect. Sticking to the feeder, but coming off in nice individual pellets. They also smell different to the normal pellets you buy in the bags for £4.00 for 900 grams. I got 5 kilo for £11.00, but postage took the edge off a bit?

Does anyone know what's in the bags you buy, are they a mix of both pellets and are they flavoured?
If buying in bulk i always use B.A.F,(british aqua feed).very big range of baits,and they know there stuff.give them a call next time you are wanting bulk,and they will advise you and make sure you get the correct pellet you are wanting.