Pellet and waggler

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickwhite26

Whitehawk
How do I fish pellet on a waggler- is there a special pellet that can stay on the hook through casting? I've only fished pellet and pole so far in my short fishing career of 6 months

Thanks

Nick

BARRYBLOKE

Account Locked
Loads of hookers stay on for waggler fishing Nick. Normal expanders are just as good as anything else.
Ive used them a lot on the waggler.

Unholymoondog

Tinca Hunter
I use expanders, soft hookers and hard pellet using pellet bands on the waggler. I've found that all of these methods work well, although you have to be a bit more careful with the soft hookers as they can come off quite easily when casting.

BARRYBLOKE

Account Locked
Cats and Dogs do a soft feeder pellet Nick in a large bag (the Monster Crab are brilliant).
The bags about 3.00 but it can be split down and frozen into about 6 trips worth.
They fit perfectly onto a round bend 16s and work fine on the waggler for casting. Good bag up bait Mucker.

nick_gilbert

NG Floats, Elastic
Site Supporter
The secret to keeping a soft hooker on is to use a big enough float so you are not struggling to cast.

If you are preparing a expander for the waggler pump them, then soak till they are still a bit hard in the middle, then drain and put in the fridge overnight. This method works with 6mm ringers, dynamite, skrettings, and GOT which are all about the same texture. The pellet will come off when you reel in as it softens in the water. Watch the pellet when you cast to make sure it is on when your rig hits the water.

Ive never found the need to use a soft pellet in the summer on the waggler, a hair rigged hard pellet will be fine, try wraping it in a bit of paste for extra attraction.

bingo wings

Try these nickwhite26 stay on the hook lovely.
http://www.carpvader.com/index.asp?function=DISPLAYCAT&catid=8

nickwhite26

Whitehawk
Cheers guys

Great site Peter... I'm off to bag up on pellet waggler!

Well, not now obviously its 10.30 at night, but soon!

Does anyone know a good site to buy bulk (low oil) pellets for feeding?

Last edited:

Jessebobs

Steve!
Just go to your local petfood wholesaler where you should be able to get a sack for about 20 or so.
Have a look at this article by md'er Top-dog. It's the dog's wotsits[:)]
In addition to this try using 2 hair-rigged soft hooker pellets instead.

BARRYBLOKE

Account Locked
Another thing about casting pellet on the waggler Nick is not to put your hook in the top of the barrel shape but in the side. They hold much better for casting.

nickwhite26

Whitehawk
Don't you fing that they float if you pump them the night before? I put them in the fridge and I had to pump them again

Top notch article Jessebobs!

Last edited:

strat2

band a hard pellet! i did yesterday and a banded 6mm pellet worked fine!

adam_f

banded hard pellet or drill hard pellets and use them on a hair or quickstop

Status
Not open for further replies.