Peg 5 Sabre Lake

Kildea90

Tom
First time I fished the lake thought I’d have a crack at carp and was hard going feel I may of used the wrong approach and perhaps wrong time of day (I fished 8.30am til 1.30am). I fished the pellet waggler (size 8mm Sonubait) tried everything fished predominately between 1-5ft up in water as with the weather I’d would of predicted the fish to be up in water. However no luck so I tried over depth, I fished the Margins i fished open water I fished any feature which I thought would of produced but nothing! Anyway Iv had a good run since Iv had a blank and had two lovely red kites to watch who were active most the day at the lake 🦅🦅🦅 next time Il try more natural Baits and perhaps an afternoon/evening session 🎣

Browner

Site Supporter
Haven’t fish Sabre in years. Seemed to get a lot of Carp guys casting 3 rods outs over about 10 pegs from what I remember. Has it improved. Used to have some nice tench and crucians. I understand the extra charge has gone too.

Kildea90

Tom
Haven’t fish Sabre in years. Seemed to get a lot of Carp guys casting 3 rods outs over about 10 pegs from what I remember. Has it improved. Used to have some nice tench and crucians. I understand the extra charge has gone too.
My first time there today, all other anglers there were carp anglers (some on alarms some off the top with bread etc) the swim I fished I had no bother as no other angler set up near me, I would definitely say it’s a carp angler orientated lake! I Spoke to one chap who said he hasn’t heard of any tench coming out in a few years but he wasn’t a regular, am unsure about crucians, I do fancy giving it another bash especially if they do have tench and crucian. And yes the extra charge been dropped.

Just starting back at Sabre after 10 years away. Yes it is predominantly a carp anglers lake. The Tench have been elusive for many years, like myself LOL. There is plenty of silverfish, Bream, Roach, Crucians and Perch but no frequent visit is the same. For Carp, play it simple, chuck a bomb in the margins using a feeder rod and be patient with sweetcorn or lobworm as hook bait. Works every time. Match anglers sometimes practice here and get some small mixed bags of small to medium stamp.