Pedantic?

TrickyD

Site Supporter
Is it just me, or does anyone else get annoyed at, what would seem to most to be, trivial things ? My latest bug bear is on ebay, when looking at fishing tackle, items are referred to as suitable for "course" fishing. I can feel my temples throbbing just mentioning it.

Wise Owl

Account Locked
What really upsets my sensitive side ;) is when ya get a leaflet or Email with Great special offers on summat ya like and there aint any in stock anywhere in England :mad::mad:

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
What really upsets my sensitive side ;) is when ya get a leaflet or Email with Great special offers on summat ya like and there aint any in stock anywhere in England :mad::mad:

I must admit, that's one of my 'pet' hates. That and when tracking something down over the phone and they say "Yes, we've got one.." you make the journey and it's been sold.

muskrat

Havin' a Waggle
Site Supporter
One that gets under my skin at the moment is an ad on TV for XBox Game Pass. The voice-over sounds to me like it has a southern England/London 'plain vanilla' accent. But he says the word "Pass" as an American would. e.g. the same sound as Lass. Whereas I would expect it to more closely match the sound of "Farce"
It sounds affected and just plain wrong. Harumph! :mad:

:)

TonyA

Site Supporter
Don't start me off.
"a moment in time" - a moment=a point in time so time is not needed
"one half of one percentage point" - a half of a percent is enough
"one point twelve" when it should be one point one two (1.12)
And too many more - off to take an anti-rant pill and lie down now.

160642fishing

Site Supporter
Glottal speak,where some TV presenters can make four words sound like four sentences.to me it implies that we aren't smart enough to understand the spoken word at normal speed.
Football match drummers

muskrat

Havin' a Waggle
Site Supporter
"The proof is in the pudding." ......AAaargh !! It doesn't even make sense. o_O

"The proof of the pudding is in the eating." Ah ... calm and happy again. :)