peaceful fishing venues

stevierhino

forgot to mention plainville lake.only 3 of us midweek.very peaceful.the owner insists on us using his net tops and he has one of of those pods you can hire plus a little cafe in the corner for your breakfast if you ask him. :)

steve king

The One and Only
Site Supporter
I've only fished Plainville once and that was a good few years ago when all this lockdown finishes i'll have to give it a go for definite.
It was a nice little venue from what I can remember.

fgder44

Sam as you already know I like one of those rivers mainly. Whilst up there more than one years ago, out of interest I walked spherical a commercial I noticed even as riding via. It turned into at Brafferton about bikes, you can read here. I heard that it had been ravished by using otters and almost no fish left. I did see otters on the river there.

SeanB

Site Supporter
Not coarse fishing but I have fished on Spurn Point at 2am in the middle of January, its like being on a different planet

Silver fan 82

Dont know what they are like now but my 2 local clubs in Sussex most of the time except for a couple of venues youd be lucky to see anymore than one or 2 people. All natural venues in the sussex countryside or on farms. Few large relatively unfidhed reservoirs. Day ticket waters can get busy but only a handful of them and even less proper “commerial” fisheries. Most are more traditional mixed fisheries
Hastings and Bexhill by any chance?

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
Clattercote reservoir in the week,is absolutely serene and peaceful, when the “doggie biscuit noddies“ and “ instant carper Bivvy boys” aren’t there...

alsur

Site Supporter
My club has a couple of stretches of Wey that are very quite very rarely see another angler and just odd car on a distant road. Fishing could be better but it's a nice place to spend some time.

breadflake

Site Supporter
The middle River Tees some long walks mean it is very quite on a week day and not much busier on a weekend

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
I have fished a couple new venues in the last few weeks just inside the Cotswolds and it is amazing how much quieter it is when you get a little further from the M40, A34, A43 and their feeder roads if you like. Think only Clifton Hamden on the Thames comparable to the new places. I fish quite a few other places that are fairly peaceful and quiet so far as other anglers, walkers and actual nearby traffic but it is hard to escape the drone of the main roads.

rd115

Non-catcher of Barbel
Site Supporter
Where the Derwent joins the Trent, walked it tonight for a bit of recon, very tranquil but needs a lot of gardening to be fishable, no pegs at all.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Least peaceful although a great venue is Himley Hall estate lake as it's in a busy park. Everyone that walks past asks 'can I see your fish?'.

Can't really believe I mentioned Kingsnordley in this thread as it has a bit of a reputation but can easily find somewhere out of the way when not too busy like during lockdown. I find the Severn peaceful, let's say if you have no one on the opposite bank, down a steep bank yourself, so only the odd dog pestering you. When I fished it in Winter I could have been in Thule.

DAMFLASK CHRIS

Site Supporter
I have fished cundall farm in the past got a 5lb chub on free lined meat my biggest chub bardsley lock on witham was quite and stickwold on witham
have fished flask last year only me there fishing

DAMFLASK CHRIS

Site Supporter
Not coarse fishing but I have fished on Spurn Point at 2am in the middle of January, its like being on a different planet
have fished spurn point as well middle of nowhere father in law liked it never caught alot there apart from flatties and odd small bass

WrightyM

The most peaceful fishing down my way is the Somerset levels. Walk away from the bridges and you’ll often see no sign of human activity all day, just the wild life.

Silver fan 82

The most peaceful fishing down my way is the Somerset levels. Walk away from the bridges and you’ll often see no sign of human activity all day, just the wild life.
Ive always fancied having a dangle on the Somerset levels, looks very peaceful during the summer.

nejohn

Site Supporter
When I lived in the North East, the middle stretches of the Tees, Wear, Tyne and Swale were fairly peaceful along with a couple of still waters (when you could get access to Branspeth Castle Estate lake you were really on your own) that I used to fish, Semerwater was also peaceful and very out of the way.
Since moving down to South Wales I find a lot of the time if I fish the Wye I will be on my own but you do sometimes get a bit of traffic noise as the M50 and A40/449 follow the course of the river quite a bit, I have also found a few still waters where I will be on my own, one in particular is a complex of 3 small ponds in the heart of the Wye Valley about 1 mile down a farm track, I could catch more and bigger fish on a local commy or club lake but I often prefer the peace and quiet plus these are truly wild fish that rarely see an anglers bait. Also there is a lake on top of the Brecon beacons that is nearly 2 miles from the nearest road holds a small stock of wild carp and a few trout very hard fishing but total peace and quiet