PCN ( parking charge notice) even though i had a ticket.

pikey123

Went out and parked up in a HX car park and bought a ticket for 12 hrs, from 11.30 till 23.30, the ticket machine wanted to know the reg. of the car (its wifes car) of which i was unsure i had already put £6 into the ticket machine, i was reluctant to leave the machine and couldn,t see a button to get the money back.
so i entered 2 letters and printed the ticket, i recieved 2 days later, the letter stating i hadn,t followed the guidelines and my registration was not recognised by the car park, camera it showed us entering and leaving the car park within the ticket guidelines.Leaving the car park at 16.30hrs.
i photographed the car park ticket and sent to the appeals board, at HX who e mailed me dismissing my appeal, because there was signage,telling the conditions of the parking in the car park and i should pay the fine.
i am now concerned about the further action that HX can persue.
any guidance or thoughts

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Ignore it - you've stated your case and I very much doubt they'll pursue you as they have no legal right to do so, only through the small claims courts which would cost them more all told.

This might help...

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
There is no law that can make you pay... ignore it even if they send threats of court action... there is no law compelling you to pay... it is not a fine its a charge... a major difference... if you have proof you paid, they can do one

pikey123

have just filled in and sent photos to Parking Mate who for a fee £20 will investigate further, will let you know a little later.

me

It's an invoice asking you to make a payment not a fine which they want you to think it is

crusty

Ask them if the ticket machine was £6 up on the day.
Don't be bullied.
I've got one on going at the moment over not setting the time on a disabled badge. They can threaten all they want, I won't be paying it.

Ian

emmaemma

Site Supporter
like you, I had a similar thing happen in that I must have entered the wrong reg no. The problem was, I was sent notice of non-payment about a month later by which time I had binned the ticket. I emailed the company as I was incensed with this and I ended up paying around half the charge as I couldn't be arsed to have to deal with it over the coming months even though I had paid. If I was you, because you have the ticket and have stated your case, I wouldn't give them a penny. I certainly wouldn't have paid £20 for someone else to investigate further.