PC Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

esox.20

04/11/01 - 12/10/15
In Memoriam
I seem to have lost the ability to copy and paste. It allows me to click on copy but not to paste.
Is there any settings that might have got altered. I'm running Win xp pro.

chill out go fishing

Datafile2.jpg

Ian C

Hi matey,

I may be well off target here, but maybe Windoz has got its knick's in a twist. Try a reboot and see if it returns.
If not, maybe a bit more info on what your trying to do may be helpful. Are you trying to copy and paste from within the same document or different ones?

Ian C

DDM

Danny
Try using the hotkeys push CTRL + V at the same time when you have copied and are at the page you want to paste on.

Good Luck

DDM[:D]

esox.20

04/11/01 - 12/10/15
In Memoriam
Thanks chaps, problem solved after my son was asked this question. Hed been playing about with the PC and altering things without telling me. I now have all my settings in photo editing soft ware back to normal to, as well as the scanner soft ware he so kindly played about with.

chill out go fishing

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Kids, don't you just love 'em - couldn't eat two tho' [:D]

Dave

Newt

'Lures Rule!!'
esox.20 - set yourself up with an account that belongs to the administrator group only. Set your offspring up with one that belongs to the users group only.

Make logging in with a password required. And don't tell him yours.

Presto - you can do what you want with any part of the system. Son can only do certain things and pretty much only with his own portion of the PC.

Newt Vail

darloflyman

Windows Xp is a good operating system but only if you know how to use it. Always create a system restore point, then when things go wrong, easily sorted out just restore back to when everything was working correctly.
Also a good program in Xp is Windows Compatability Mode you can use it to install software that is not digital signed and programmes written for earlier windows platforms like ME 2000 98 ect. work like printers scanners ect

feather chucker

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.