pc help

Status
Not open for further replies.

matty198111

hi peeps

me mate has forgot his password to his computer is there away to get on his computer and change the password with out the original password

cheers in advance

mat

mecca

Another smoggy
http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/pub0009/lpmarticle.asp?id=305

or

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/toolsofthetrade/tp/passrecovery.htm

what windows Os is it??? if its xp it should be easy

you can also log into another user on his pc if hes lucky , and hope that one of them has administrator rights, you can then change all passowrds in that users account

the gaffer

Xp in most versions had an admin account by default,just log in as administrator and use admin as the password from there you can change what you like.

zenith20

Might be a bit silly but if he is already logged in he can do it through CMD...

Go to Run then type CMD.

Command prompt will come up.

Then type net user. It should come up with all the account names on that computer.

Then type net user (username) then type * (Shift F8)

This should give him complete control over the password for a certain user. This WILL work with other accounts on the computer.... This is how easy it is with XP to " borrow " someones account! Don't forget you do have to be logged on to the computer. You might be able to change the root password if he has an original Windows disc (I know you can do this with OSX)

You can use password recovery software which will try and guess it. If that doesn't work did he create a password reset disc? If all fails then he'll have to perform a complete format. If he has to do a complete format there are ways of getting his data off the Hard drive. So when he formats he can just put everything back on his computer.

Sorry I couldn't be anymore of a help!

Hope he gets it sorted!

Tom.

Status
Not open for further replies.