PB Pike

Hiya guys new to this kinda thing (forums and such)so bollock me if this is posted in wrong place 🙂
Right sick of everyone else boasting about the massive pike they've had so I thought ah well I cant compete with that but no1 ive met can compete with my PB muhaha monster never span before not really my thing.
20210719_185229.jpg

PB eel to
20210801_084452.jpg

3grams didnt manage to swallow a single maggot gulp.
Right my question is wheres all the sodding pike in the tees I've fished all the town centre(stockton)ie princess sg weilding all way upto the bend across from allotment an all way to green and horseshoe bend you've probably seen me on the bank.....(upto the outlet before ingleby bridge)now I know your all gonna rave at me but I am deadbaiting*dont like live bait killed a roach once to use as dead bait started 😭call me soft I like wildlife an I wouldnt want to get in a lions cage an wonder about aimlessly* (souly because some silly sod namely me) hit the button to many times and bought 2,000 smelt 🙄 and as you can all probably imagine the wife is going daft so rather than chum it all up cause it's a river not really much point I'd say? (as that hurt the bank account somewhat)I also wanna get me moneys worth(an yea the ear ache is still going on 16 months later🙄)anyway.

I'm useing a free running rig which I know works np I use x2 single hooks size 3o I've only missed 2 takes from snags an had no choice.
What's goin on my 2 main fish was at yarm high street 5lb 7 an 7.14 been my PB now I know your goin to say fish yarm problem I don't drive and limited strength down me right side due to surgery so luggin me gear over there is a struggle an camping over night is not even an idea now which is a shame.
Sorry to rant on but I also feeder for course fish an noticed a massive drop in numbers how are you guys getting on is the river polluted that much surely not? But when 9 times outta 10 I'm counting the days catch on 1 hand after throwing in countless £'s of groundbait pellets an such I'm beginning to consider hand gliding instead seriously though I'm sick 😟

(I've pike fished for 2 years straight every weekend without fail had 4 pike total 1 of which was spinning which I ain't a fan of😭)

Davethefish

Site Supporter
Nothing wrong with those two, they are the future and perfection in miniature :)(y)

crusty

Site Supporter
Welcome to the forum (y)

Going off...

"(souly because some silly sod namely me) hit the button to many times and bought 2,000 smelt 🙄 and as you can all probably imagine the wife is going daft so rather than chum it all up cause it's a river not really much point I'd say? (as that hurt the bank account somewhat)I also wanna get me moneys worth(an yea the ear ache is still going on 16 months later🙄)anyway."

You'll fit right in.

Ian

Markywhizz

Clueless member
Site Supporter
I think I got the gist of all that. Maybe you should find a new pike venue, even if you need to travel a bit. I’m not a pike angler but there are plenty on here who could point you to somewhere which actually has pike in it.

Getting around an issue so I guess its put up an shut up then 👍 thx all an
I want that little eel to keep! 😍🥰😍
I made a video of me releasing the little bugger it was so tiny and greedy the little sod struggled to swallow the maggot I'm thankful I always carry a micro disgorger but your right I so wanted to bring both home to 👍

RegalisXFM

слава Україні🇺🇦
Site Supporter
Getting around an issue so I guess its put up an shut up then 👍 thx all an

I made a video of me releasing the little bugger it was so tiny and greedy the little sod struggled to swallow the maggot I'm thankful I always carry a micro disgorger but your right I so wanted to bring both home to 👍
I wi be fishing for eels from Monday. Not nearly as cute though. The ones I'm looking for will be snarling down full pouting! 😄

I wi be fishing for eels from Monday. Not nearly as cute though. The ones I'm looking for will be snarling down full pouting! 😄
Haha you go lady whilst were on the topic any hints for handling the slippery little buggers?
And do you always get the eel that's decided to digest the bait before it's in the net lol?

RegalisXFM

слава Україні🇺🇦
Site Supporter
Freshwater eels I use a wet towel and hold them upside down. They seem To calm down a little but it may be an "old wives tale".

If its a good size conger I put a wet towel over it on the boat deck and straddle it while I get the t-bar on it! 😄

I would be surprised if I caught a freshwater eel that didn't swallow the hook! 😄

Haha I ain't heard of the towel before I was told a rubber glove works but yet to get another one an this weekend gonna be a wet one sigh still going not no fairweather fisherman.
I'll take an extra towel thx think I'll hold back on the t bar for now 🤪

RegalisXFM

слава Україні🇺🇦
Site Supporter
Haha I ain't heard of the towel before I was told a rubber glove works but yet to get another one an this weekend gonna be a wet one sigh still going not no fairweather fisherman.
I'll take an extra towel thx think I'll hold back on the t bar for now 🤪
I don't think they make t-bars small enough! 😌😆

Mines a strong contender for gold 👍
Although a guy brought his 5 year old to a venue just to mess about with a net (free pond)and caught a pike and a tench smaller than mine (mid may) this year glad hes not in the running haha