Paypal

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Connor

Hello, Just wondering is paypal safe, when considering I wish to post my ebay listing abroad (hungary). I have heard horror stories about overseas buyers and payment issues etc. The fella has 152 100% feedback and seems serious but you cant be too careful I suppose!

Cheers

Last edited:

mecca

Another smoggy
used paypal and google checkout without any problems at all

davebike

Originally posted by chrisritch

i hate paypal! robbing ****s

Why d you say that?
The charges are only slightly higher than a Merchant account which is the other way of taking payment by credit Card But you don't have to jump though hoops to get a paypal account !

OK PayPal is more expensive if the payment is from a Debit card or Bank Account but they add a Credit card type garentee to all non gifts so charge for it!

Piker-Dave

aka Common_Carp
get your payements sent to you as a GIFT then, then this way you dont get charged

Munzz

Why7 Mun?
Originally posted by common_carp

get your payements sent to you as a GIFT then, then this way you dont get charged

But then your not covered to get your money back if something happens, as i well know [:C]

Piker-Dave

aka Common_Carp
Originally posted by Munzz

Originally posted by common_carp

But then your not covered to get your money back if something happens, as i well know [:C]

ooooo didnt know that bit, fair do's..

ps, that guy is selling that stuff for 150 now [:D]

scream3r

If they pay by paypal it gives you an address you must send it to in order to be covered,you must also keep the proof of postage.I always check the paypal transaction details as this will confirm there address is on file and ok to send to.Usually checking there feedback and how long they have been a member is a good indicator and keep all communication thru the e-bay message service.Hope this helps

nobby478

miserable old ....
As an aside...I'd wondered why PayPal automatically give out e-mail addresses between seller and buyer these days?

I wondered if they were 'hoping' any disputes might get sorted out between the two parties and they wouldn't have to bother with it[;)]

Status
Not open for further replies.