Paypal users...BEWARE

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
I have just had an internet shop phone me to say that my payment has not gone through due to insufficient funds in one of my accounts. It's an account that I have for internet use through Paypal and know for definite that funds are (were) in there.
I have taken this up with Paypal and 2 transactions stick out like a sore thumb. Both are for something called Groupon, one for $220 and another for $350 (note the dollar signs). Both of these were on the same day. PayPaypal are looking into this as I did not authorise either of these payments but while I was on to Paypal, yet another payment was attempted by something/someone called Musement. S.P.A. This one was blocked.
It's a pain in the backside as what I have ordered is needed A.S.A.P. but until this is resolved there's nothing I can do.

Just be careful and go through any payments you have made via Paypal to see there's anything suspicious about your outgoing payments.

ukzero1

Site Supporter
I have been on to my bank and the money will be refunded tomorrow. A fraud case has been opened. My new card and PIN will be with me in a couple of days but in the meantime, the card is blocked and can no longer be used. I hope I have enough cash in hand now to see me through till the new one arrives.

Wise Owl

Account Locked
I have been on to my bank and the money will be refunded tomorrow. A fraud case has been opened. My new card and PIN will be with me in a couple of days but in the meantime, the card is blocked and can no longer be used. I hope I have enough cash in hand now to see me through till the new one arrives.

If yer stuck i'll bang ya a few till yer sorted ;)

Banded_Nipple

Banks do tend to issue new cards pretty quick to be fair.

Happy to help re: the two-step paypal thing, worth doing for everything if you have the option. The first sign of someone trying to hack your account you'll receive the text, so you'll know straight away something isn't right.

ukzero1

Site Supporter
Banks do tend to issue new cards pretty quick to be fair.

Happy to help re: the two-step paypal thing, worth doing for everything if you have the option. The first sign of someone trying to hack your account you'll receive the text, so you'll know straight away something isn't right.

That's good to know, nice bit of peace of mind. And thanks again. :upthumb:

jods

Site Supporter
I would scan your computer to check for any unwanted visitors like malware, Trojan horses, or other viruses that a hacker might have dropped into your device without you knowing it. Also check any other accounts you log on to with the same PC.

ukzero1

Site Supporter
I would scan your computer to check for any unwanted visitors like malware, Trojan horses, or other viruses that a hacker might have dropped into your device without you knowing it. Also check any other accounts you log on to with the same PC.

Already done mate, and says all clear.

ukzero1

Site Supporter
Same as Wise Owl Peter. I can bob across tonight with a few quid to get you by mate. ?

It's fine mate, wifey says she has a few quid. (I'd like to know how much though, I might be paying her too much). :unsure: :LOL:

Wise Owl

Account Locked
Can ya imagine after the Card Fiasco if he went to the Cupboard and there was No Brown Sauce :eek: :eek: :eek: