The Angling Trust | NEWS
The first duo through were Michael Davies and Paul Robinson. An eighth and a sixth were their respective positions and both men had sat it out for bonus fish. Worms and bigger baits accounted for big perch, bream and even a large eel in Paul’s 8lb 6oz catch.
Second pair through were Mik Heath and Dave Jones who both carded over 5lb on their respective sections. This was enough for fifth for Dave and tenth for Mik. Tactics for both men were to get into the silvers on smaller baits both short and long, with the odd better fish taken on caster.
There was a tie for the third pair through to the final, Graham Sayner and Wayne Kearney edged out Dave Edgerley and Kevin Clarke by a mere 3oz, which just goes to show how fierce the competition can be on this small canal.
The final pair through to the final were Adam Slade and Lee Woodhouse. Adam focusing his attentions on silvers across, whilst Lee took some better fish down the track early doors on caster.
A special mention to Simon Nickless and Steve Dudley who stormed the match and are already qualified for the final.
Thanks, must go to Dave Watkins and Terry Nutt for another belting match on the shroppy. The next AT & CRT Canal Pairs qualifier is once more on the Shropshire Union, Shebdon: Sunday 1st September.
For booking your tickets on the Canal Pairs Qualifiers log onto the Angling Trust ticket booking site.
1) Simon Nickless 9-8-8 & Steve Dudley 8-8-0 58pts Already Qualified
2) Michael Davies 3-15-8 & Paul Robinson 8-6-8 50pts Qualified
3) Dave Jones 5-6-0 & Mick Heath 5-8-0 48pts Qualified
4) Paul Murrin 4-0-0 & Dave McCall 5-4-0 45pts Already Qualified
5) Graham Sayner 2-13-8 & Wayne Kearney 6-12-8 44pts Qualified
6) Dave Edgerley 4-8-8 & Kevin Clarke 4-14-8 44pts Qualified
7) Adam Slade 8-9-8 & Lee Woodhouse 3-11-8 42pts Qualified