Paste

Status
Not open for further replies.

snotme

Can anybody help me ????
I have come back to course fishing after 13 years away and I would like to know how to make my own paste? I went to my local tackle shop and well lets just say that after 13 years things have changed a little and I didn't know what to buy. The guy in the shop kept going on but it seemed he wanted to sell me something that was quite expensive.

Polepot

Poles
Neil,

Welcome to MD's I hope you will get the answere you are looking for but just a few points.

The manufactured Pastes and Groundbaits are expensive but they do work. If you are new back to course fishing try these first.

Once you know how to fish paste - then is the time to try to make your own which is much cheaper but you will make mixes that fail - I am talking from experience. Some basic elements for the mixes are Fishmeal, Vitalin, Ground Trout Trout Pellet, Grated lucheon meat....... and the list goes on. I will continue to experiment and I'm sure continue to have dry nets - but I have caught on Proprietry mixes.

LEARN TO FISH PASTE FIRST.

Poles

Great info, great guys, great fun, thats Maggot Drowners

Edited by - Polepot on 08 July 2002 10:11:33 PM

MALC

Neil,

Proberly the best way to start with Paste is via the ready mixed or powder one's in the shop.

But if you follow the link below there are some cheap and easy mixes quoted here http://www.maggotdrowning.com/forums/threads/498

Malc
Fish with Friends @ MaggotDrowning.com

Polepot

Poles
This is Dry net Polepot again I tried another mix and failed.

- next time I'm going back to the commercial stuff.

FYI my mix was Made up of:-

Browning Cudmore pellet - ground up - 1 tablespoon of fishmeal and a table spoon of molasses all mixed up with one egg.

It was not stiff enough for hook bait but certainly worked as a ground bait.

Poles

Great info, great guys, great fun, thats Maggot Drowners

snotme

thanx for the information guys

oh and just out of interest I went fishing today and caught two skimmers, 3-4lbs each and 1 mirror carp of 8lbs, plus roach and perch.
may not sound good to all you old timers but it was my best day ever.

scouse

'River Man'
hi polepot
next time you make paste
and its to soft buy some
glueton i think that how it is spell it,
it makes it really stiff
but dont add to much or try geletine
hope this helps

dave
scouse

Status