Paste

Status
Not open for further replies.

netleymugfish

Struggling to find a paste to use, would appreciate advice from other maggot drowners as to what they think the best paste is to use

Brian the Fish

Older Member.
Site Supporter
You can buy ready-made paste mixes from all tackle shops but I find it best to make your own. Just use swim stim groundbait or ground up pellets. You can add anything you like, flavours, blended cat food, tuna.

pmdirectuk

Should check more!
Brian, your aliveeee... THANK GOD!! thought you where still @ Lindholme?? lol

Brian the Fish

Older Member.
Site Supporter
Making paste is a bit of trial and error, too sloppy add more groundbait, too dry add a little liquid out of the tuna tin or try some cod liver oil, nice and smelly.
Hi pmdirect, Neilg finally evicted me 7pm Wednesday but he doesn`t know that I am sneaking back to fish Bonsai tommorow.

CLOMP

Originally posted by netleymugfish

Struggling to find a paste to use, would appreciate advice from other maggot drowners as to what they think the best paste is to use

there is "NO BEST" paste to use it is what works on the day,but have always found home made is better than shop baught.

Last edited:

Neil ofthe nene

Doing things differently.
Site Supporter
Sensas IM5 and Dynamite swim stim groundbaits are the easiest I have found. Add the dry groundbait to water but not too much at a time as it stiffens up quite quickly.

Genus9

For halibut flavoured paste I simply put a required amount of halibut mocro pellets in a container, cover them in boiling water and leave for 10 minutes,

Go back to them and squeese them for a few minutes and the paste is done,

If I want the paste to be very smelly I add some VDE liquid halibut to the boiling water,

For other pastes it's a mixture of groundbaits and My fave is Ringers dark and Swimstim mixed evenly,

badpegpicker

Proud to be a.....
Used to use Swimstim green groundbait, but found lately its a bit too coarse for my liking.

Presently I use Sensas IM5, either green or yellow.

Most groundbaits will make a half decent paste just by over wetting it.

One tip though. In summer, make sure you keep the paste covered when not using it, cos it soon goes VERY sticky and you get a horrible "skin" forming on the top[:(][xx(]

Paste fishing is messy enough without that!![:D]

hicko1

I use Green Swimstim straight from the bag, mixed 50% groundbait to 50% water

mark bradley

i just started using prestons one to one green paste easy to mix and had some great catchs over last month with it :0)

Status
Not open for further replies.