paste fishing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel

hi folks just making enquires about paste fishing had a go for the first time yesterday on my local commercial. what a responce i got after tring it over my pellet line. however i was missing alot of bites ever time i put in[}:)]. Any tips ? what was i doing wrong ? & what types of floats should be used when fishing this method against stick ups in 1ft n 1/2 of water on far bank. thanks dan[:)]

joe1987

'Darwener'
You seem to be doing it just right mate, try buying a long-tipped pole float, around 2inches long. Fish little or no shot and dot the float down with the weight of the paste. Fish a short line between pole and float and the carp should hook em selves. Hopefully that'll help a little.

*)*Joey*(*

Went to spain, paid 120euro and didnt get a nibble. Went to the clyde stuck on sum feathers, went out in a rubber dinghy and caught mackers and pollock til the sun went down.

martin.

Account Locked
quote:Originally posted by joe1987

Went to spain, paid 120euro and didnt get a nibble. Went to the clyde stuck on sum feathers, went out in a rubber dinghy and caught mackers and pollock til the sun went down.
joe
think yourself lucky ive known people to pay about the same & just got crabs[}:)]

tight lines.
martin.
Datafile4.asp

talk fishing flip football
www.fishingvenues.com

Conker1971

as a bit of a paste fanatic of some 8 years using the bait i will try to put some common misplaced myths to bed.
Firstly do noy buy ready made paste as it is rubbish !!!
One of the original paste mixes that came out all those years ago was
called Hitchens Wonder Paste (remember it guys and girls). It came in a powder form with a little satchet of white powder (legal powder i might add). After a lot of testing and trial and error plus having a friend who is an industrial chemist we identified that the core product in the mix was infact Omega Koi Carp pellets. We then spent a long time getting the mix just right and it is as follows: -

Using an electric coffee grinder, grind down 8 oz of pellets into Fine, Repeat, Fine powder. Next beat 1 egg and add to 7 1/2 Fluid ounces of tepid water. mix together until well mixed and store overnight in the fridge in a air tight polythene bag with all the air pressed out. When using on the bank keep the mix out of direct sunlight if possible as it tends to sweat and dry out ( keep in a cool box if possible) Trust me on all the above as it has won a lot of matches !!!! for both me and others.

Now for fishing this method.............

The basic concept with this mix is too have the mix as soft as possible and to ship out on the pole with an electricians cable tie on the top three. If you did not have the cable tie on then the mix would hit the water before your zone and would fall off.
Feed Omega pellets into your swim that have been soaked for at least two hours prior to using and make sure that you have extracted all the air out of the pellets by firmly squeezing otherwised they will float and then feed the pellets as required.
As a guide we initially feed approx 2 - 3 good handfulls of pellets before a match and then only 20 to 30 pellets after each fish.

As for your missed bites, Joe 1987 was spot on. Fish with a thick bristled float approx 1 to 2" of tip. Use the float as the main ballast for your float and fish 1 to 2" overdepth, now here is the clever bit.........
ok so if you fish over depth using the paste as your cocking weight for your float then it is not going to sit right in the water. Correct!!!!
However if you now tension the line between the pole tip and the paste you can set the tip of your float as high or low as you require. Another tip is to keep the line between the float and pole as short as possible (Approx 9" to 18" long)

Conker1971

Corrections to above posting.
it isnt clear from my posting that during mixing you should mix the 7 1/2 fluid ounces of water to the beaten egg, mix that together and then add that to the pellet powder.

also a correction as follows : -

Use the float as the main ballast for your float

should read

Use the paste as the main ballast for your float

Tight lines all

Daniel

thanks for the paste master class. The tips that ive been given i will give them a try next time ime out dan[:)]

Apache

good luck mate

Tight Lines,
Matt

Datafile4.asp

Heathlands Angling Club - http://www.heathlandsanglingclub.8m.comPinkieDrowner's Forum (Under 18's only) - http://www.maggotdrowning.com/younguns

maxwell_hung

caster blaster
I like durafloats, there's also the Map ones. In fact there are quite a few out there.

Matt

// The box said designed for windows XP or better so I installed linux

joe1987

'Darwener'
I like the maver ones with a nice long bristle, small body and long stem.
Conker, I never fish over depth with paste, just plumb up perfectly so the line's tight between float and paste. Never tried your method but will be sure to give it a go before winter comes.
As for the making of paste im a little less accurate but with lots of testing ive found my perfect mix.
Put around 1/2 kilo of carp pellets (crazy bait or VDE) into a bait box and cover with water (after a few goes you'll get the right amount every time just by looking) and leave over night 4 days before your session. The next afternoon or evening the pellets should have soaked up all the water and feel soft and malyable(sp?). Then just grab a handful and mould into a ball, do this till you cant see any pellet shapes in there. If its too hard, add some liquid flavour and mould a bit more, to soft add some crumb. Better to be too soft than too hard. Then stick in the freezer til the night before the session and jobs a good un.

*)*Joey*(*

Mossy

Use rainwater collected in buckets ... don`t use tap water.
CArp ca sense chlorine and it can be offputting.

Mossy

The percher

Bolton 'till I die
ive also tried leaving the pellet shapes in the paste. Surely this looks more natural as though its just a handful of pellets breaking down, unfortunately i put tis idea into action too late, the fish already are starting to switch off so I Cannot get a fair result.

J.Tolley

joe1987

'Darwener'
Yeah mossy I have one of those rain collectors, only problem was around august i'd used it all and it wasnt raining!!!

*)*Joey*(*

scoobs11

chlorine should disapear after a couple of hours of sitting in a bowl

i'll have a fiver on the brown one

Status
Not open for further replies.