Paste fishing

Status
Not open for further replies.

fishomania

Hi guys im fishing my local lakes at stones fishery with hemp and paste im trying to get carp but theres a big head of bream getting lots of bits but from bream i know you will say catch the bream but it wont beat the carp 100lb plus carp nets as bream about 40/50lb how can i get around this cheers for any info.

Andy Hill

Want size is the head of carp in the water and is there alot of them?
Are you fishing on the Pole, Rod?

I would personaly try feeding aggressively as carp will start competing for food and push the bream out. Try using pieces of paste the size of a 50p size.

Also dont forget up in the water, as feeding aggressively will bring the fish up and big carp luv feeding up in the water. I know at Larford Lakes that the pellet waggler does well on that water and they have a massive head of bream.

Last edited:

fishomania

very goo head of carp fishing on the pole its only a pole water not big enough for rod normerly i do well but just latly bream are being a pain do you think not to feed the hemp and just paste might work cheers bud

Andy Hill

I like fishing paste over hemp my self. One of the best tatics. Only trouble with hemp is every fish can eat it. From 1oz up.

Try feeding a big pellet of 6mm or 8mm and see how u get on. Hopefuly the bream will move. If the stamp of bream cant eat your bait they will move and hopefuly the carp will show.

Last edited:

joliver

HI, i had same problem at my local lake with the skimmers taking great big pieces of paste, what i did was to catapult hemp over the top and in the paste pot fed 4mm pellets, eventually the noise bought the carp in and the skimmers moved out, I ended up with a few decent carp..........just a thought!!!

ryan1994

theres 2 sides of the coin here i believe, you can persevere with your regular feeding pattern and still catch carp in between the bream or feed more aggressively and then face the dilemma of foulhooking them.
however i would suggest you feed pellets instead of hemp as hemp can be eaten by small fish also.

Foul ducker

I usually feed pellet or corn with paste but your still having problems you could try feeding another line with a differnt bait and see if that draws either the bream or carp away from each other or try a different approach such as hard 8mm pellet [?]

fishomania

cheers guys some food for thought there will be fishing this sun will give it a go once again cheers dave

Status
Not open for further replies.