Paste advice?

Rick123

Site Supporter
Anyone got a simple paste recipe please guys? I'd like a packet mix if possible as I prefer my paste thicker to normal, thanks. Richard.

Rick123

Site Supporter
When you make this paste up, do you over wet the paste then let it dry out. Or do you just put less water with it in there first place? Mine never seems to work out sticky enough really?

tedstriker

Site Supporter
1 part water 1 part mix, let it go for 10 minutes and then adjust accordingly, I tend to add more water bit by bit to make it to consistency I am after

Total

Site Supporter
Make your paste up to the stiffness you prefer.....Pop in the fridge overnight, makes it become smother/softer/stickier.....Left overs, bung in the freezer, improves your paste even more..............

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
I go really simple with paste for the float, mushed up micros or cheese and bread works for me. Might need something stiffer on the feeder though.

Nobby_nobbs

Site Supporter
For special G my usual mix is two large pole cups in to a bait box and two of the same of water.
Mix and let it stand for 10 mins I then wet it again about half a pole cup of water, this gives me a base paste I then use water to adjust it until I can roll some with one finger.

Me and my lad

Site Supporter
1.Get your pot, i use the guru sausage shape baitbox and fill with chosen groundbait. My prefered is swimstim. Empty into a bucket.

2.Using the same baitbox add your wet ingredients up to the ridge That is just inside the tub. I use 1 egg, a splash of additive ( in winter vodka) and water.

3. Add to groundbait and mix. Initially it will be a slop but keep mixing and it will start to firm up. After a minute it will ball up and if right will leave you with a clean bucket.

4. This will give a firm paste. Once sorted you can experiment with different groundbaits etc but you have a basic recipe that will hold you in good stead.

It works for me. Good luck

ShaolinOutlaw

Mainline Pure pellet paste, couldn't be easier, add water the level in the tub, leave it and you're paste is perfect.

15917888922717_152second_main.jpg