Passers by, dont you just love em?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarryC

Fished a favourite water of mine on Saturday. Its an old flooded quary about an acre in size.
Spent the morning catching some lovely pristine roach but could'nt ignore the dark shapes cruising about in the middle.
At about 4 oclock they disapeared so thought I would have a mooch round to see if I could find them. They had moved to the other end of the lake and more importantly a couple had moved into some lillies.
Now these carp are from an old stocking not big fish but proper carp shaped fish with a reputation for being almost uncatchable.
Having had my fill of roach I put my little carp rod together and with my mat, net and a tub of chum mixers went to see if I could get them feeding.
I snugged down behind a small willow at the bottom of a wooden ramp for disabled access and began introducing a few freebies amongst the lillies.
After about half an hour I had one fish taking them so now I fed closer to the edge of the pads. The fish followed.
When I had agood view of the fish it was a cracker, a lovely dark sleek common about 15lb.
Well I put in a few more freebies but this time one had me attatched to it.
The fish was tacking the freebies and slowly moving towards my bait.
It was now about nine inches away, I was tense and allmost shaking with excitement and the effort not to move or make a sound.

Then CLOMP CLOMP CLOMP he came down the ramp 'had any fish mate? theres some big fish in here you know'.

Yes I f***ing well know thanks very much.

its o-fish-al

sometimes i find this quite nice to hear the public being interested in fishing but i know it can be bl00dy annoying aswell especially when your stalking big fish

getfishing

Pete
I know the feeling, when you have a few good carp feeding on a water where they are scarce and then someones skylines the swims and kills it.

badpegpicker

Proud to be a.....
Oh well.....they ll still be in there next time mate[;)]

Had my share of people standing in exactly the wrong place during matches when you re fishing down the edge, and they wander over and say "Ah, thats where your float is"

[B)]

Worst one was in the Maver Pairs qualifier a coupe of years back.
Bloke walks over and sticks his head straight into the bush I was catching all my fish from.....And he was a bloody EA bailiff!!!!![:(!]

I swiftly told the other bailiff that had just checked my licence he'd be better off moving from there.[}:)]

Needless to say, the swim went dead in seconds and I lost my lake by one bloody fish!!!!!

Infuriating yes, but it happens Im afraid[:)]

crusty

It's often a dog that comes running along and jumps in, and as you sigh and reel in, the owner comes along and asks if you've had owt?

"No but I would have done if it wasn't for your dog!"

"Jess! Jess! get out! Look what you've done to that poor mans fishing!"

Ian

pmdirectuk

Should check more!
Feel for you mate! Should get a T-Shirt made up with F-OFF IM A STALKER or something along those lines lol.

I have to say, I attract a certain stereotype while enjoying a bit of me time. They usually come disguised as a chav, fag in one hand, carling in the other, giving the same old questions... One flicked his fag butt into the water right in front of me as he walked off. I wanted to say something but he was with about 5 mates, and I know that I would be the one arrested and charged for assault when they all start. I fished the butt out with my landing net and went home....

Genus9

They can be a pain but if the fishery allows it then it's sods law,

I think We've all suffered it at one time or another,

Qoute by Steve (BPP)

Needless to say, the swim went dead in seconds and I lost my lake by one bloody fish!!!!!

Second on the lake is still good points though Steve, But it all depends on how Your partner got on, bit of stupid, unnavoidable bad luck Mate. [:(]

banksy

Life Member
Site Supporter
Barry -

Just wondered...

When tha does catch one ...

Does tha eat 'em, or does tha just put 'em back ?

[}:)][;)]

Status
Not open for further replies.