Partridge

grayggr

Fishing Partridge Lakes on Tuesday and have got a pre booked ticket for Willow, Piper or Ribbon.

Not fished for a good 3 years.

What is it fishing like at the mo?

Which is the best lake (I know Willow and Piper are connected)

Was looking at pellet waggler and method.

Cheers

grayggr

You mean its best to fish Waggler on Holbar or thats the only place you can fish Waggler?

endpeg

Only lake big enough for pellet waggler, rest are better fished with a pole shallow.

andymc112

Disagree with only fishing waggler on holbar. I've fished at partridge very regularly for around 10 years now.
If you're on willow, a great spot is by the airator nearest the cafe side. Feed pellets over to the island on a bomb and then fish waggler to your left. I fish pellet waggler on there all the time and always get around 40lb of fish from the waggler. Have two different areas of your swim and you'll be kept busy. You'll catch anywhere on the lake to be fair and it always fishes well. There's decent chunks of carp in there, seen a couple of doubles on the bank and I've had a few golden tench out of it as well. The Rudd tend to dominate high in the water at first so try to allow a bigger hook bait to avoid the smaller fish. Accuracy to the island is key.

andymc112

Also, groundbait doesn't tend to do well on there for me. If you're fishing the method soak some 2mm pellets and use that on the method feeder instead. I have no idea why but method mix just doesn't switch them on as quickly as pellets.