Partridge Lakes Matches

Paddy D

HI

Im looking to enter one of the opens at Partridge Lakes , I know i will be out gunned by more experience anglers but anyone any advice for an open match newbie?

dry nets

apprentice stormtrooper
Site Supporter
Doesn’t look like the experience anglers wanna share their secrets.
I think “winning ways” might have videos on you tube at said venue. I’ve certainly seen something about it on you tube

Nunachuk

Nunachuk
Site Supporter
The main thing is to enjoy it, face the fact that you are going to get battered and speak to the winning anglers afterwards about what they did and why, most will be glad to tell you. Good luck!

Paddy D

Thanks
looking forward to it knowing full well that im pools fodder but just want the experience as its 20 plus years since i was in an open match .

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
At the moment they are feeding casters and freelining a caster over the feed.
The matches are on the coveys, depending on which one you get you can either bag up or struggle, The fish seem to have been shoaled up a few weeks ago.
There are some big carp in there to around 15lb as well as the usual silvers and F1,

Paddy D

Really enjoyed it , probably didn’t make the best of my peg but I’ve only got a margin pole at the moment so fished to what I could do. Ended up with shy of 70lb off Covey 3 . Clearly there were more experienced and better equipped lads but I’m glad I gave it a go

bagpuss

Site Supporter
Well done you’ve had a descent weight and days fishing by the sounds of it 👍🏻.
I was on Covey 3 Saturday at this time of year with the big weights it’s hard to compete with the regulars on there as the standard is so high!