Partridge Lakes - Coveys

Swim Jim

Formerly: jjpendurocomp
Site Supporter
Probably fish one of the coveys next week.

Just tying rigs now. What sought of average depths are we looking at for far bank, mid channel and margin. Probably won’t need them with the weather warming up, bring them right up ;)

Pole-Fisher-90

Site Supporter
Far bank anything from 12 inch down the shelf to 2 foot that’s what you want .. nothing deeper

Edges can be deep but fishing right into the bank on the slope 2ft-3ft

I was catching shallow after an hour you can see them cruising on top ?

crackatoa

Site Supporter
Fished Covey 3 today. Totally different from when it's an Open. No pressure, no worrying what others are doing, very relaxing and it even seemed easier to catch. The lad concentrated on trying for just Carp and did very well. I seemed to have all the F1's in my swim and it produced more of less one a chuck.
Had a go up in the water for the Ide on maggot but still got mainly F1's.
The place is run to perfection. Got there around 6.45am and there was a queue of around 40 cars. They started moving at 6.55am and we were in and parked within 10 minutes. Alternative marked pegs which kept anglers a good disance apart and gave everyone plenty of room to fish. No problems at all, a credit to the owners and staff.

All of which I believe is a total contrast to Whitmore which allows all pegs to be used. A pal was on there Sunday and said it was a joke as far as distancing was concerned. All pegs taken on the main lakes and plenty of blokes just not following guidelines.