Partridge Lakes - Coveys

Hi all,

For those north-western folks, has anyone fished the Covey's at partridge lakes?

Will be doing a session on friday, and usually fish on Willow, but wanted to try Coveys as it seems to be their match lakes.

any known methods that work? Got pellet/maggot/meat and likely fish the margins on pole, no feeder rod.

J W

John
Site Supporter
Was planning a trip there on Saturday so would be interested to see how you get on.

sampower

They’ve been feeding Maggot @christhecarpman so I’d deffo order some as they’ll be tuned in to them. Coveys are rife with F1’s - if the weathers nice they come shallow and you can get a massive weight. Gotta fish really light shallow rigs though they’re shy biters by nature - probably be put off a bit coz of the new commotion that they’ve not had on the banks for a while too

Wise Owl

Account Locked
I like Them lakes only Fished em twice but the F1 fishing is great on Maggot or soft Pellet.

The Landlord

Site Supporter
Just been having a browse round their site. Plenty of lakes to choose from aren't there?
Only half hour drive for me. Might give it a go during this time off.

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
When I last went, I fished Covey 6, bagged up..one a chuck all carp... all about 4" long.
They were all over the place.
Should have gone on Holbar.

crackatoa

Site Supporter
The Coveys are brilliant usually. Can be a bit peggy in matches. Covey3 is also full of Ide as well as F1's, shalla on maggot can be hectic. Pretty easy pole fishing, mostly not that far across, some swims as narrow as 11m. Fish pellet across or down the edge for the bigger Carp.
You won't be disappointed with the fishing, especially when you have room either side.
We are looking to go next week.

Swim Jim

Formerly: jjpendurocomp
Site Supporter
Just been having a browse round their site. Plenty of lakes to choose from aren't there?
Only half hour drive for me. Might give it a go during this time off.
Pub trade must be paying well to pay for fuel for your Lambo takes me a good 45mins plus ;)
When the mayhem calms down a bit you must be considering Lingmere or Yew tree :unsure:

The Landlord

Site Supporter
Pub trade must be paying well to pay for fuel for your Lambo takes me a good 45mins plus ;)
When the mayhem calms down a bit you must be considering Lingmere or Yew tree :unsure:
Never been Jim....didn't realise it took that long. Yew Tree is telephone booking only, max 13 anglers on big lake & 5 anglers on small lake. Lingmere will be rammed for a bit. Going to Sunlight's club waters tomorrow. We're doing sessions of 6am till 1.30 & 2pm till dusk.

Swim Jim

Formerly: jjpendurocomp
Site Supporter
Never been Jim....didn't realise it took that long. Yew Tree is telephone booking only, max 13 anglers on big lake & 5 anglers on small lake. Lingmere will be rammed for a bit. Going to Sunlight's club waters tomorrow. We're doing sessions of 6am till 1.30 & 2pm till dusk.
Worth the trip mate its a fantastic fishery, but wait till the circus finishes o_O Thanks for the info on Yew tree. Good luck with fishing tomorrow. Many moons ago I used to be a member of Irby Angling but haven't joined a local club for many years

The Landlord

Site Supporter
Worth the trip mate its a fantastic fishery, but wait till the circus finishes o_O Thanks for the info on Yew tree. Good luck with fishing tomorrow. Many moons ago I used to be a member of Irby Angling but haven't joined a local club for many years
Do you remember Norman Smith of Irby? Sadly he died the other day. :(

Hi all

Thanks so much for the advice.

I now need to find the right elastic... I thought white hydro might be fine, as the F1 elastic from daiwa is always out of stock

Managed to get the F1 orange Hydro from Patridge, thisll be fun stripping my top kit down on my peg :(

Will report back how I do folks.

Here's a preview ready for tomorrow

Going to grab all the gear tonight and load up.

Need to make some short rigs up with my very light floats, just a standard 4×10 bulk. .15 line to a 18 hook to begin with, if I pull or fish are bigger will swap out for 16.

Elastic is going to be fun, partridge have F1 orange in which I've bought, so will have to elasticate that on my peg :/

Up at 6am for a nice 6 45 arrival