Particle help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruddy Roach

Hello,

I'm planning on buying particles seperately and mixing them to make my own particle mix.

Just been down to the pet food shop to check out some prices and they had the usual (hemp, tares etc) but also some things I haven't seen before such as "kroil", maple peas and tic beans.

(Can these be used as bait??)

I was also wondering if bird foods can be used for bait?? e.g. pigeon mix.

Back to the question though,

when making your own mixes, how much of what to you use?? + any other added ingredients??

Thanks,

Andy

Ady

Formerly Adymon
I dont think Pidgeon mix specifically is appropriate but various other bird food mixes work well from what ive read.

And...hemp from the pet shop? In what way can this be used and is it cheaper? Might have to get me some!

Ruddy Roach

Thanks for the reply!

The hemp is the same as anywhere else, but they also do "monster hemp". The seeds are huge!!

2kg of hemp costs around 5.

bluntbaby

2.50 a kilo? Is it gold plated? I pay about a quid a kilo from the petshop, once prepared it probably works out about 50-75p a kilo wet. The pidgeon conditioner is good stuff.

http://www.gjwtitmussshop.co.uk/acatalog/FISH_FOOD_AND_FISH_BAIT.html

This lot are just round the corner from me, I get all my particles/pellets from them and I must have saved a fortune preparing them myself rather than buying from a tackle shop.

I tend to base my spod mixes on hemp and just chuck in whatever ive got to hand and prepared (normally pellets in 2 or 3 different sizes, corn, few chickpeas whatever I feel like TBH). I dont do a huge amount of carpin though so someone will probably be able to give better advice.

Matt Love

The slapper
I couldn't find a local pet shop that sold hemp but my tackle shop in West Malling did me a 25kg sack for 25, much better than paying 3 for 900 grams in the Dinamite bags!

Dan The Man

Local pet/seed store 0.80p kilo surprised when i found it that cheap. No need to buy expensive packaging

darrengeorge

speci-ish
Hi guys, just thought Id share this cracking resource http://www.ccmoore.com/useful_information/02_particle_preparation.asp - guide to preparing partciles. I find it really handy and always reassuring [:)]

Status
Not open for further replies.