Park Hall,Mansfield Woodhouse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nemesis

AMBER + BLUE
A great days fishing today. [:D] [:D] [:D]

Arrived about 5.30am and the water was very warm,the Sun was just about out.Plenty of wildlife and wildfowl about as well.

My chosen peg was 23

SANY0176.png

Fished stright out in front of me at about 11m which would be in the shadow of the tree in the middle of the picture.The place is not very deep,about two and a half too three and a half feet.Fished on the deck with a Nick Gilbert 0.3g Decker float 0.22 main line to 0.20 hook length and a size 12 Kamasan Animal Hook.The rig looks excessive,but trust me it's not,been snapped too many times on 0.19.

Feed was micro pellet and 4mm feed pelllets with a few freebies of corn,meat and hook pellet thrown in.I put out two pots and fed the margins with 4mm pellet.I started to catch from the first put in but they were Roach and Bream.The Bream were nice though about 2lb a piece.Then i lost one the strike or fouled it in the line as i lifted into it,then the swim went dead. [:(]

I then went to the margins and just fished the top two.
SANY0175.png

SANY0174.png

I was fishing on meat that i had prepared with Predator Plus when this took the bait.

SANY0172.png

I had to add a couple of sections on as it screamed off toward the reeds.The yellow object is a Preston Hook Tyer,just for an idea of the size. [:D]

Over the next 3hrs it went mad in the margins,Tench,Crucians,Ide and Bream all falling to 4mm cubes of meat prepared with either Pred Plus,Mollases or Garlic flavours.

SANY0177.png
SANY0180.png
SANY0169.png

A great few hours fishing and plenty of fish. [:T]

shaggy69

Shaggy69
Excellent report and nice pictures,where abouts is Park hall and how easy it to get to

Nemesis

AMBER + BLUE
Originally posted by shaggy69

Excellent report and nice pictures,where abouts is Park hall and how easy it to get to

Depends where you live. [:D]

It's on the A60 between Mansfield and Warsop.

ParkHall2.png

It's behind a pub called The Sherwood next to Mansfield Woodhouse golf course.Post code NG19 9EW.

Hope that helps. [:T]

shaggy69

Shaggy69
Cheers nemesis,i might have a run up there and have a wander round,i only live in Sutton so it's not that far away.
Does waggler do any good there and is it worth putting the carp rod out on the alarm as a sleeper ???

Nemesis

AMBER + BLUE
The pole is beter because it's only shallow.

Plenty of Carp in there and loads of people just throw out a bait on a bite alarm and wait.

I live in Sutton as well. [:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.