PARADISE

Status
Not open for further replies.

wuffie

Fishing the match lake on Sunday need help!Its the one situated in Melbourne? North Yorks.Booked by mate?

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi wuffie,

Take a look here: http://www.paradiseleisure.co.uk/

Paradise is the brainchild of Simon & Valerie Cranmer - Gordon. They have transformed the land they purchased into what is far more than just another angling venue. Simon who is still employed by the Environment Agency as a Fisheries Officer has drawn on his accumulative experience of over fifteen years in post to create a fabulous venue that caters for both the match and the pleasure angler.

If your fishing the match lake (pond 2) which is the one on the left as you go in, the favoured methods are little and often in the margins.
Don't make the mistake of setting your box and gear up at the side of your peg but do it five yards back and when fishing keep away from the edge, feed the margins and fish there. Maggot is working well at the moment along with Chum Mixers floated on the surface when warm.
When you get a fish try to bring it away as quickly as possible from the margin area.

Good luck and don't forget to let us know how you get on,

Dave

wuffie

Hi Dave, just a line to let you know how we went on Sunday.
I was pegged in the right hand corner as you walk in,a flier!
That was soon to be reasessed with no wind on the lake it soon became clear it was going to be a struggle.
Starting off on catmeat at 5mts a greedy crucian was heaved out much to its surprise and mine.Then its mates got in on the act taking all manner of baits,crucian corner!
Odd chum mixers and bits of bread were ignored at our end of the lake unlike the middle on the tree side where Granville Wright was taking the odd carp on floaters and pellet.
Mick Webb opposite me ws catching on pellet but a smaller stamp of fish.
The lake was fair but a feeling of anti-climax was expressed by all as we felt it wouldnt handle 20plus anglers on a bright still day,but it still beats a good day at work!
RESULT 1st G. WRIGHT 20lb 5ozs
2nd M. WEBB13lb 4ozs
3rd Sc. WILSON 9lb 15ozs
4th D. BEAVER 9lb 10ozs

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
They're pretty impressive weights tho for a bad day

It's about time I went back there and gave it a nother whirl.
The last time I fished it was on the Pond 1 and I spent a good few hours picking from a large shoal of Rudd just under the surface along with a few Carp that were with them.

I know Simon has put a lot of work into both ponds and a lot of time spent on pond 2 over the past couple of seasons and it looks like his work is starting to pay off.

Dave

wuffie

From what we were told on Sunday and I can see the sense in it,is that matches are to cease next year.He is now building what look like chalets around lake 2 and I wouldnt take kindly at not being able to fish when renting one.
Apart from that I would have no hesitation goingback for a pleasure session.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
You mean that he is finally getting his 'Butlins' plan together

He spoke about it sometime back but it was a case of as and when.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.