PAD Match Swannington 8/6/02

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
BOY DID I GET THIS ONE WRONG!

Today I had a match at Swannington Fishery, Nr Coalville, Leics. With the PAD club.

I am finding it very difficult to ascertain just what these untried waters hold and how to fish them!

Believing it to hold big Carp, (18lb was mentioned) and being drawn on a swim that reputedly was the hot-spot (with an 80lb recent bag mentioned) I went all out for the big fish!

Setting up a 20 rod, I fished under the tip, with 10lb mainline to 5lb hooklength and fed sweetcorn, meat and pellets, with a little chopped worm. (Total Groundbait ban in force Dave LOL) in 7 of water. Starting on Hair Rigged meat, I tried all bait and cocktails on this line!

I also fed 2 margin swims, 1 left in the corner and 1 right, at about 2.5 depth. With caster and pinky.

After 4 hours, I had just 2 tiny and I mean tiny rudd!
The only bait being taken was maggot?

In the last hour, by switching to 2lb bottom on a 13 waggler, I had 50+ tiny fish and weighed 1lb oz.

If I had pursued these all day and caught at the same rate, or caught more of the 2 x 4oz Rudd this total included, I should have finished 2nd 3rd or 4th, as 9lb (a bonus carp) won from the far corner and 5lb 2 oz was 3rd.

I finished 8th of 15 today and was laying 7th of 20 after 4 matches, so should hold at least 7th going into match 6 on Tuesday at Springwood Nr, Melbourne, Derby.

Another venue I dont know!

Cheers Trev

Ziptrev pug.gif Shouldn't happen to a DOG!

MALC

Hi Trev,

Well done on the rescue job to come in 8th place.

Thats the problem with match fishing at venue's you've not fished ,you hear all the stories of the Big One's and the Big Net's and how to catch them.
Then when you turn up and fish them you find it's totaly different.

But at least hopefully you are finding the PAD matches are attended by a good bunch of bloke's and then the craick can and often does make up for the rubbish fishing as is the case with the blokes in the Rugby Disabled matches i've been guesting with laterly (their next match is at Drayton on Wednesday).

Also as you say Trev some of the modern pools are a bit of a barren affair but it doe's make us more apreciative of the natural venue's when we go on them.

Malc
Fish with Friends @ MaggotDrowning.com and take s from Dirk

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
Youre spot on MALC and It is different!,so I have resolved to finish the whole series and thats over 20 matches (miss a couple through holiday, but so does everyone)
Well I enjoyed match 4 and this one, as catching as I did last hour, made me think I could have framed if I had chosen right!
(Had the right peg!)
You know my philosophy, 'try anything' and while I'll never be a good matchman (too slow and not pro-active enough) I do enjoy the crack and the change.
Monday night sees me made a full member and thursday I am fishing their lake with Polepot as a guest!
Tomorrow, I'm looking forward to Trouting and spinning with Daz and then its a tuesday match lol, so I need a bait preparer!
I will fish somewhere wednesday, but friday its off to Ireland for 15 days and a break from Posting!

Cya soon

Trev

Ziptrev pug.gif Shouldn't happen to a DOG!

Status
Not open for further replies.