Packed lunch

OldTaff

Site Supporter
I’ll have a really good breakfast then a snack bar and plenty to drink on the bank but no food - it’s the rat thing for me too, better hungry than a case of Weil’s disease

Jimpanzee

Site Supporter
Always a flask of tea and if using live baits, I will tend to go for food in packages I don’t have to touch - pasties, sausage rolls, bananas. Otherwise I’ll take sarnies from home.

Mothy1965

Site Supporter
I must admit, I've never considered the rat/weils thing :oops:
However, always a flask of coffee and couple of bottles of tap water ( I pay for it so I'll drink it!).
2 x ham/corned beef cobs with onion, sausage roll, crisps (Walkers plain) and a choc bar (Aldi's own).
If it's busy, sometimes I eat it on the drive home, if it's quiet it's all gone about 11.30 :love:
And it taste's better if SWMBO makes it, don't know why ;)

rd115

Slava Ukraini
Site Supporter
Flask of coffee, and a hip flask of decent scotch if out overnight.

Foodwise i just buy rubbish from the shop. BLT sandwich, couple 'o snack pork pies, bag of them eccles cake things. couple 500ml bottles of fizzy pop if it's warm weather / daytime.

DevonDangler

Site Supporter
I always have a pack of antiseptic wet wipes and clean my hands before I eat. Also come in handy for cuts and scratches.
I had hand sanitiser in my fishing bag, long before it became “fashionable”, for that very reason. Was quite unwell a few years ago after fishing a rat infested pond. I don’t eat while I’m fishing and only swig water from a screw top bottle to minimise risk of Weils infection.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
I’ve eaten whilst on the banks since day one I just don’t eat the bit I hold that goes to the fish or ducks instead. Never been any ill effects. That said my grandad eats with no precautions at all and never come to any harm in over 65 years off fishing so whilst I wouldn’t advocate that it does suggest you’d have to get pretty unlucky to come unstuck. I did the shop for tomorrow’s fishing food after a few pints down the pub tonight so ended up with all sorts 😅

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
If it's in my pack-up it gets eaten :D

Never had any ill effects from food eaten on the bank

Mothy1965

Site Supporter
I’ve eaten whilst on the banks since day one I just don’t eat the bit I hold that goes to the fish or ducks instead. Never been any ill effects. That said my grandad eats with no precautions at all and never come to any harm in over 65 years off fishing so whilst I wouldn’t advocate that it does suggest you’d have to get pretty unlucky to come unstuck. I did the shop for tomorrow’s fishing food after a few pints down the pub tonight so ended up with all sorts 😅
What liquorish all sorts? :ROFLMAO: sorry, I'll get me coat!

Carmody

I tend to dine out on sweetcorn and spam, sometimes I'm able to make it into a sandwich with bread that's been microwaved for 10 seconds per slice.
Sounds nice - so long as you don’t add worms or maggots.

Deejay8

Site Supporter
I usually take a sausage roll, a pork pie or a scotch egg. A cereal bar and a can of drink. Occasionally I have gone the full Graeme Pullen and cooked a meal on a camping stove.

rd115

Slava Ukraini
Site Supporter
If it's in my pack-up it gets eaten :D

Never had any ill effects from food eaten on the bank

Probably time i fessed up :oops:

When i went to Hampton Loade with @Zerkalo i had some tasty treats, Pork Pie amongst them, but i had nothing to keep them cool, they were a bit sweaty when i ate them, but alas, i was starving 😋

Long story short i ended up taking a sh@te near the waters edge and using a dock leaf for toilet papier. Had the shiots and was no-where else to go :poop:

I definitely put the "load" into Hampton Loade.

At least now i know to carry bog roll with me when i go on piscatorial adventures, or at least some immodium :LOL: and now use a cool abg and them blue freezer blocks :D

SeanB

Site Supporter
The freezer blocks will be handy if next time you grab nettles rather than Dock leaves by mistake 😬😂

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Probably time i fessed up :oops:

When i went to Hampton Loade with @Zerkalo i had some tasty treats, Pork Pie amongst them, but i had nothing to keep them cool, they were a bit sweaty when i ate them, but alas, i was starving 😋

Long story short i ended up taking a sh@te near the waters edge and using a dock leaf for toilet papier. Had the shiots and was no-where else to go :poop:

I definitely put the "load" into Hampton Loade.

At least now i know to carry bog roll with me when i go on piscatorial adventures, or at least some immodium :LOL: and now use a cool abg and them blue freezer blocks :D
It needed some extra colour in the water that day mate. :LOL:

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
I've heard one of the tricks to fishing for Bleak in matches is not to drink anything so you don't need a wee. A couple of minutes might not sound much but it's a lifetime when it comes to Bleak bashing. Then of course you can celebrate with a beer when you win with 50lb. :LOL: All learned from YouTube btw. 🙇‍♂️

Bob Astill

Site Supporter
cooler bag with squash and 6 tins of diet coke is all i take i never eat till i get home. sometimes a flask in winter.

RiggersSW

I've focused more on carp fishing this year and since buying one of the small trakker armalite stoves, I wouldn't be without it even on a day session (unless its summer, then just lots of water).I normally take Huel ready meals as they're healthy and in addition to Tesco meal deals, smashing chocolate bars all night on the bank was taking its toll around the waistline. For snacks I have those belvita breakfast biscuits. I can't do flask drinks for some reason, it just doesn't taste good to me.

stikflote

Site Supporter
I take some cheese sandwiches may be a Mars Bar
and a flask of boiling water, to make tea i use QT Tips i take a bit of sugar ,dont need milk
its already QT

Simon R

Site Supporter
On the subject of Weils Disease it's pretty uncommon
I used to work with sewage (still do but don't get my hands dirty very often anymore;)) and carried a Leptospirosis card in my wallet, alerting any medical practitioners that 'flu-like' symptoms could be more serious.

It's actually very rare amongst sewage workers in this country due to the amounts of detergent, disinfectant and bleach we pour down the drains - the Leptospira bacteria is not a particularly hardy chap - succumbs pretty quickly to any sort of cleansing agent and/or sunlight.

The groups at the greatest risk of contracting Weils Disease are inland wind surfers or water skiers - they tend to fall over quite a lot and their involuntary cries of surprise often lead to them getting a gobful of lake water:p

Simon