Packed lunch

Robwooly

Full on porridge before I go, big old bowl topped with nuts and blueberries

Then it's packed lunch all the way 4 sarnies, apple, crisps, choccies in winter and a flask of coffee/ two litres of water in summer.

A day's roving I'll burn that off in no time then back home for dinner, if I'm away then there's some cooked chicken in a cool box in the car with some potato salad and lettuce, smash that then off to the chippy before the trip home.

Fishing means fueling up for me.

Cobweb

Once thought that Grayling was Tarzan's real name
Site Supporter
A sandwich, a couple of rolls, and I never forget me flask of coffee!. Sometimes a pasty in stead of the rolls. I always have a breakfast before leaving. The boss insists on getting up early to making up the nosh! I think she's just glad to get rid of me for the day!:). It's fairly common for me to eat only half of the grub and have the rest with a drink when I get home

Terwilbre

If it’s a match it’s a litre of coffee which is
drunk during the match but it’s quite normal to eat the sandwich’s and crisps on the way home or even when I get home. My wife thinks that’s hilarious, says It would be easier to leave them in the fridge til I get home 😂😂🎣🎣

RegalisXFM

слава Україні🇺🇦
Site Supporter
How can bread be called cake.
Never understood that🤷‍♂️
I don't know but according to this map of "who calls bread what" I shouldn't be calling it a barm cake 🤷‍♀️...

Bread roll Britain winners-01.png

Stewie74

Making it up as I go along…..
Site Supporter
Big breakfast before the draw, then nothing til in the car on the way home.

Water or coffee depending on the weather.

Expanda

If it's a match I don't have anything. I've always got a small bottle of Lucozade in the car, but unless it's really hot I don't touch it. When it was really cold a few weeks back I took a small flask of coffee, but never got round to it and tipped it away at the finish. I just never feel hungry or thirsty in a match always feel too busy.

RegalisXFM

слава Україні🇺🇦
Site Supporter
When we are out on the boat, lots of supplies are taken but first thing is to phone the cafe at Traeth beach and order breakfast barm.

Sail down grab them then eat them out at sea.

Pompous git

Site Supporter
I`m not sure how long pork pies have been around but it`s almost if they have been invented for fishing, perfect snack.
Nothing better than getting snug under the brolly and having a feast 😋

I'm a swine for cockles too. I take a jar in vinegar for bait but they never see the hook. Drink the vinegar then scoff the cockles 😄
I could not eat cockles, I used to eat whelks when I was a kid but if I ate them now I would throw up, funny how taste changes.

Two sausage rolls. I'm fishing, not having a picnic.
Mr Nene, fishing or otherwise food is one of life`s pleasures.

RegalisXFM

слава Україні🇺🇦
Site Supporter
I`m not sure how long pork pies have been around but it`s almost if they have been invented for fishing, perfect snack.

I could not eat cockles, I used to eat whelks when I was a kid but if I ate them now I would throw up, funny how taste changes.

Cockles are 2nd only to fresh shrimps

RMNDIL

Site Supporter
Summer = water (frozen) Winter = coffee. Maybe a sausage roll, a scotch egg or a Ginsters. Not much really. When I was younger my girlfriend lived on Osney Island and if I was fishing The Channel, Osney Straight or Folly Steph would often come down with a Cheese & Onion Toastie made in the Breville and wrapped in foil so it was still hot. I was spoilt.

Neil ofthe nene

Doing things differently.
Site Supporter

So you say. Never has been much more than fuel to me. Have been to restaurants that people rave about and thought they were overpriced pretentious rip offs. And as for "gourmet chefs" playing with my food with bare hands, no thanks. I watch Masterchef sometimes and think that I would feel ripped off if I were presented with a dish showing more plate than food. I want something to eat, not an art installation. And I don't want to leave a restaurant looking for the nearest chippy or McD because I'm still hungry.

Must admit that Five Guys burgers and fries taste nice, but so they should at £10+ per go. And I do have a couple of favourite restaurants but they are both in France.