oxford area

Status
Not open for further replies.

jack

any one know any good waters in the oxford area i know some parts of the thames thame Lid gave me some good info on the cherwell any advice wellcome

Lid

There's loads of good fishing around the Oxford area. Do you want lakes or just rivers? How far do you want to travel from home?

Lid [:)]

jack

lakes rivers. done most off my fishing on the thames medley clifton sandford and on the thame stadhampton cudderson and behind asda at wheatley but the thame as well as some parts of the thames and Cherwell got a crayfish problem by the way Lid any info you got will be more than wellcome

Lid

I've never fished lakes much, don't know why. No real reason. My info is probably out of date but I'll tell you what I know.

You've got the TC pit on the A40 just above Wolvercote which was famous for mega Bream and is free. Out towards Standlake there's a pile of lakes and the River Windrush which are very good. Not sure who runs them a now though. When I was really young me and friend used to fish Standlake itself. It was new then, gin clear and full of roach, rudd (I think), chub (yes lake chub in 1973), perch and I guess carp. There are some other good lakes in that area. The words Shimano and Linear fisheries spring to mind. There's also some lakes to the south of Oxford in the Dorchester area.

Sorry I can't be more precise, but there really is a lot to choose from. The Thames alone could keep you going for several seasons and there are some noted barbel swims. I didn't even mention the Evenlode, nor of course the Oxford canal.

Lid [:)]

davidsenior

15/03/03 - 22/06/16
In Memoriam
Hi Jack, River Thames at Tadpole bridge, Swan Hotel stretch at Radcott, The trout inn stretch at Lechlade, all within striking distance from Oxford. Further East on the way to Cotswold water park, you have Milestone fisheries, Whelford Pools,(carp)Claydon Lake only a mile beyond Lechlade. Then there is the Cotswold Water park itself, with more surface area of water than the Norfolk Broads !! Around that area you are spoilt for fishing !! I have a "Dossier" on that area east of Oxford, with all the telephone numbers for bookings etc.
If you would require any info, I would be glad to help, E-Mail me.
National Trust water at Buscot, ABSOLUTELY WELL WORTH A VISIT (after 30th Sept) closed for fishing till then !

catch you later, tight lines, dave....

jack

thanks for that daivd i have lived in the oxford area all my life mostly in the cowley area but 2 years ago moved north oxford near kidlington anit been much for the last 2 years but just starting again now just joined kidlington angling club there water is the cherwell and canal so i know a fair bit off the thames but not the cherwell or the canal went last night on the cherwell but much to weedy so ended up on the canal had a couple of nice slabs and some nice roach plus bit i enjoyed it so if you got any info on the oxford area i would be more than pleased cheers

jack

going to try the canal tommorrow at trupp near kidlington any one fished it befoe?

Status
Not open for further replies.