Over eating at Christmas

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
After yesterday's dinner with the family I've never felt so uncomfortable in my life, even drinking fluids to ease the food down didn't help and sitting down on the sofa was an almost impossibility without the aid of a few cushions to straighten my back in line with my legs [:D]

Even the missus commented when we eventually went to be "how come you didn't have any tea? "
"Because there was no room to put it lol"

So Christmas dinner at chez red leader consisted of...

Vegetable soup or prawn cocktail to start
followed by..
Turkey and Ham,
Boiled and roast spuds,
roast parsnips and mashed swede
broccoli and cauliflower
peas and carrots
sprouts
Yorkshire puddings
Pigs in blankets
A veggie option

Christmas pudding and brandy sauce - a large family one all for me lol
Trifle
Apple crumble

Mints, wine, coffee, teas and whatever else

Talks about a belly buster [^]

Neil ofthe nene

Doing things differently.
Site Supporter
I think I'm getting old and can't cope with the all day eating at Christmas I used to indulge in.

johng19

me@home.com
I'm the same love the Christmas dinner and all the bits, but do find it a lot harder to eat now. Also makes me a bit uncomfortable for the rest of the day.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
My missus has just plated up yesterday's left overs and zapped them in the microwave. Not as lush as yesterday's fresh cooked but in all fairness a lot more sedate and less pressured [:D]
Plus managed to eat the remained of my family (feeds 6) Christmas pudding, it's a shame being the only one in the family that likes Xmas pud (not) lol

Oldmech

Site Supporter
Just about same as Dave but with steak and mushroom pie to compliment the Turkey and home made (to Delia Smith's recipe) sticky toffee puddings with rich toffee pecan sauce, can only think Dave must be on s diet with no pies in his menu, sign of getting older maybe.

spanky

Irregular Member
Site Supporter
We had a good meal yesterday, but we don't go mad on portion sizes. So a normal sized roast dinner and a small pudding to follow. No problems here...

But that said if you feel uncomfortable a short walk and a bit of standing up can work wonders, the normal slouching on a sofa with tightish belt is not ideal for digestion.

pat 1948

22/09/13 - 17/03/18
In Memoriam
Dave, it was the Turkey that gave you the 'bloats', eat the same amount again tomorrow but leave out the Turkey and you'll feel alright.[:D][;)][:T]

Scalper

NCP....
Account Locked
I had a massive feed at brothers... :)

Turkey,
A bucket load of boiled and roast and mashed spuds,
A good handful of roast Parsnips
1/2 a dozen pigs in blankets (my latest craving)
Bacon
Yorkshire puddings
Apple, Cranberry, Mint sauces and thick gravy.
Sticky toffee pudding
Loads of chilled Coke...

I was truly and happily stuffed!!! :)

And so was the Cat!!!...