Outlook

Status
Not open for further replies.

goin_fishin

'Tiddler'
Im just about to set off to the river with my friend i think his is ledgering , the wind is not as bad as i fought and the rain is gentle but i hope it stays like this for a couple of hours, Fingers Crossed.
Tell you how i done when i get back about 6....

Regards
Gf

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
good luck today,
Swansea outlook is for rain and wind, followed by more wind then some rain, and would you believe that they do say tomorrow could be RAIN.
Can't wait to get out on the bank myself. Hopefully in a couple of weeks.

Geoff
If it swims, catch it.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Here is a pretty good weather forecaster for the UK as recomended by ZipTrev www.weather.co.uk

Dave

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hold the press. Jeffers could well be out for a dangle tomorrow as the forecast doesn't seem too bad. But I am saying this very quietly in case it changes its mind.

wish me luck.

Geoff
If it swims, catch it.

goin_fishin

'Tiddler'
just got back the rain was not bad , the wind was very bad at first then about 1ish it was the nicest day i have seen this year.
down to the fish....
i didnt cathch anything on the river got snagged 4 times lol, after 2 hours we moved to the canal i only had 1 fish all day.
Alluah it was the 1st fish i caught this year (2002)
its was a 8 oz Perch..
tell us how you lot got on...

Regards
Gf

AlexR

i cant bvelieve how hot and sunny it is today! only trouble is the wind is too high to bother really, so ill stay in (doh!) this wind has been around for nearly a month now, its terrible!!!!

;)

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Awake at 7.30, out of bed quickly, look out of the window with bated breath. No wind, no rain. Fishing is definitely on today.

Flask made and car loaded. It was a 10 minute drive to Mainwarings Tackle shop to buy 1 pint of maggots and half a pint of casters. Then another 10 minute drive to Gowerton Course Fishery, adjacent to a 9 hole golf course and driving range.

Only a small lake with 30 pegs, containing carp to 21lb, bream to 5lb, roach to a pound with a lot of gudgeon and perch.

I set up the pole, 10 elastic and a 1gramme float to fish on the bottom at about 8 metres. The lake is deeper than usual, after the heavy rain, now about 10 feet deep.

I had a quick cup of tea before settling down for an enjoyable first outing of the year.

I loose fed about 10 maggots and 10 casters over the float and settled down to wait for the first ominous sign of a bite.

Things were very slow, after an hour I had a few signs of line bites so I fished a bit shallower. Still no takers. I varied my book baits between red and white maggots and casters. Changed hook to a size 20. Then I tried sweet corn but to no avail.

Nobody else on the lake was catching either so I knew it wasnt me.

I had arranged to be home before the rugby started at 2 so I was looking at a blank for my first trip of the year.

Sod it, back on to the bottom, with a single caster on size 22 hook. The float settled, and after a couple of minutes slowly sunk out of sight. A quick raise of the pole and a fish was on. I gently guided it to the bank and landed the fish.

The scales were shimmering in the watery sun, and the fins ruffled in the gentle breeze. Was I chuffed?

It was 1.20 and time to pack up to get home. Still I hadnt blanked, and I had thoroughly enjoyed the day. I am looking forward to my next outing, possibly next Sunday. Only I hope the fish I catch then is bigger than a fingerling roach..

Geoff
If it swims, catch it.

jel

HI ALL .
JUST GOT BACK, FROM ARDLEIGH RESERVOIR,NEAR COLCHESTER IN ESSEX.
AFTER TAKING SOME ADVICE FROM THE BAILIFF SAT DOWN ABOUT 8.15 WEATHER NOT BAD, WIND LIGHT,CAUGHT NOTHING !BLANK AGAIN .
SO THEY SAY IF AT FIRST YOU DONT SUCCEED (GIVE UP ).
JEL.

j white

Status
Not open for further replies.