Outlook Help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mart123blue

life member
Site Supporter
I have two emails stuck in my outbox both large emails, I cannot delete them. Outlook is repeatedly sending these and nothing else comes in or out. I have had a message saying my pst file is too big, but cannot work out how to open it (I can find it) to delete some data. I am not sure this is the problem anyway.

Please help, I need to get on with some work.[:)]

bazw

lock the internet or unplug it first , then try to delete so out look is not working , then when done do a goole search for "incredimail" and come into the world of real e-mailing [:)]

its free btw

mart123blue

life member
Site Supporter
I have tried working offline. The exact message is 'The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists restart Outlook'.

I have tried this off course with no effect.

I am about to do another cold restart, but not hopeful.[;)]

J

Chubonator
lol if you have got Outlook open then your PST file already is open. Try emptying your deleted items folder to decrease the size of your PST. or have you got any large drafts saved?

Also with Outlook open go to tools > email accounts > view or change... > Change > and hit Test account settings.

Just to make sure your settings are still all good, then click the errors tab when its finished and let us know what errors its generated.

Last edited:

mart123blue

life member
Site Supporter
have tested email account no problem, I have deleted all the messages from deleted items. When i try and delete messages from Sent Items, Inbox or Outbox. I get the message I typed out above.

This is doing my head in[:(]

J

Chubonator
im afraid you might have to create a new .pst file.

groundhog

Life Survivor
mart 123blue,go into your mail account via the web using mail 2 web.com, once you set your account up you can access your mail from the Web from anywhere, this will allow you to get into your mail box,and delete the oversized items that are blocking your mail box,also you will be able to see who sent them and what they are about.

pool_fodder

Groundhog's got it correct thats exactly what I had to do when someone sent me the same, I think they are a virus type thing.

mart123blue

life member
Site Supporter
I have tried deleting the items on the web, my account also has web access have even spoken with the email service provider, and the messages are not in there system.

The messages are ones that I have sent, and have been received by recipient. However, they still stick in my outbox.

I think J is probably right about pst file, when I try and enter something into calender for example is says my pst file is too big and to delete some data.

Thanks for your help guys[:)]

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Originally posted by bazw

lock the internet or unplug it first , then try to delete so out look is not working , then when done do a goole search for "incredimail" and come into the world of real e-mailing [:)]

its free btw

You should have put a smiley after that post. It is a joke isn't it?

Enigma

Armchair Carper
What did the business world ever do before the invention of Email?

Mart - don't use applications above your skill level - I have a copy of Fisher Price email V1.... right up your street....LOL matey

Status
Not open for further replies.