Out fishing at last.

The Landlord

Site Supporter
Forecast was mild for today so was looking forward to a day out after being stranded for over a month. All our club waters bar one, are flooded with pegs underwater & the fields like swamps. So the Firemans, our mini commercial, was the venue for today. Upon arriving, I opted for peg 1 & was informed by a regular that only one fish was caught from it yesterday. Great :rolleyes:.
No maggots available anywhere so I armed
myself with bread for some dobbing & a selection of expanders and micros. Nothing on bread for the first half hour and a switch to expanders brought a small crucian. I then spent the next half hour, fishing like a complete moron...tangles, snapping my mainline while removing a shot & losing my depth. I gave myself a severe rollicking & got myself sorted. This was rewarded by a few more F1's, three more crucians and a very surprising but welcome tench. Enjoyable day apart from a biting cold wind and nice to be back on the bank. Sorry about the rubbish photo but my hands were freezing .

Attachments

• 20210129_143852.jpg
    20210129_143852.jpg
    322.7 KB · Views: 39
  • 20210129_151320.jpg
    20210129_151320.jpg
    516.7 KB · Views: 39

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
Forecast was mild for today so was looking forward to a day out after being stranded for over a month. All our club waters bar one, are flooded with pegs underwater & the fields like swamps. So the Firemans, our mini commercial, was the venue for today. Upon arriving, I opted for peg 1 & was informed by a regular that only one fish was caught from it yesterday. Great :rolleyes:.
No maggots available anywhere so I armed
myself with bread for some dobbing & a selection of expanders and micros. Nothing on bread for the first half hour and a switch to expanders brought a small crucian. I then spent the next half hour, fishing like a complete moron...tangles, snapping my mainline while removing a shot & losing my depth. I gave myself a severe rollicking & got myself sorted. This was rewarded by a few more F1's, three more crucians and a very surprising but welcome tench. Enjoyable day apart from a biting cold wind and nice to be back on the bank. Sorry about the rubbish photo but my hands were freezing .
Very nice ,glad you enjoyed it 😀

The Landlord

Site Supporter
I tipped half my catch back in, emptying the keepnet into the landing net....knobhead!
One of the crucians was a pound, the others were littluns.

SeanB

Site Supporter
Sounds like you fish like me 😳, but fortune favours the bold and you ended up with a nice net of fish 👍🙂