Ouse { foss basin} near york ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

orvil

Hi if anybody as fish the foss basin for pike in the winter. Iam lead to believe it`s aclash of two rivers meeting .And it good fishing when every thing is in flood eleswhere. Any road number`s would be handy Iwould be comeing in to york on the a19 from the north. many thank`s.

Dave Moore

Paste King
Orvil

It is as you rightly say a convergence of two rivers the Ouse (Yorkshire) and the Foss, it is well worth a go for the snappers as they run to 20lb plus...

Unfortunatly it is prone to flooding as much as the rest of the Ouse system, there is a flood defence barrier which in extreme cases they move in to place, a nice venue with a weir running into it and also a set of lock gates not used very often...

Most of the guys I have seen fishing dead baits fish between the public walkway and over bridge down to the flood defence system this is about a 60m stretch of river...

Itis located in the centre of York, adjacent to St. Georges field car park (word to the wise this floods too), alternatively if you can head towards the A19 south towards Selby there is a road in York called Fishergate, not long after you get onto Fishergate about 100yds you will see a hotel on your left called the Blue Bank, opposite there effectively on your right is a turning which takes you down to the river you will see the overbridge walkway in front of you...

Do a search for fishergate in York on the Multimap.co.uk thingy, that may explain better than me...

Hope this helps, let me know if it fishes, its one of my winter venues for the spinning rod...

DaveM

orvil

{Cheer`s} Dave M Iwas hopeing somebody new the water a chap i met couple season`s back told about it i was at linton lock it was flooded out. he told the name but the diretion`s where verbly had no pen between us .Knock back with the foot/ mouth .so iwill give a go the chap said it held some good pike .thank`s again i will let you no how it go`s .late replying just got in .

Status
Not open for further replies.