Otterington Park

DJ2920

Hi all. Has anyone on here fished the lake at Otterington Park campsite by Northallerton?
Going tomorrow in the caravan and wondered if anyone has any info, species, price, tactics, bait etc.
Had a google to see what I could find but very limited information available.

Sam Vimes

Site Supporter
I think that I may have fished it once about twenty five years ago. I don't recall hearing a thing about it since. As far as I'm aware, barring a brief period when day tickets were available, it's only available to those on the site. That would certainly explain the distinct lack of chatter about the place.

DJ2920

Cheers Sam. Yes it seems to be a private lake for those staying on the park only, which would, as you quite rightly say, explain the lack of information. Hopefully there will be some information on site. I’ll see what I can find out when I’m there and post it here in case anyone fishes it in the future.

Mr Bite

Missed a bite ???
Site Supporter
Last time I was there (about 3 years ago) I had a walk around the lake. It was being treated with somethiing blue to get rid of weed. It did'nt look very deep. One person was fishing but hadn't caught out.

Let us know how you got on.