Otter petition

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Steve Pope of the Barbel soceity has started a petition about otters, just thought i'd share it on here in case any of you fancy signing it.

I've signed these petitions on the Parliament website before and it's nice to see them mentioned and debated in the live coverage etc, some have even been acted upon so it's got to be worth a few seconds to sign and give it a chance...hasn't it?

FishermanEire

Site Supporter
Humans have had a devastating impact on the natural world. Reports say we are on the edge of a total collapse of life on Earth with more species going extinct. Otters may be an inconvenience to us anglers, along with cormorants. Sea fisherPERSONS are calling for a seal cull.
I'd think twice here.

squimp

Site Supporter
2recent threads on this subject on the barbel forum have had to be locked - I hope this one doesn’t descend into a slanging match.

I will keep my powder dry.......

smiffy

Site Supporter
I’m not going to get involved with the ensuing arguments and I know it’s a very emotive subject but, we must be careful not to alienate ourselves from the British public. Give them a choice and I’m sure they’d ban angling before allowing Otter control.

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
"No barbel in Ireland, or chub either apparently "

A lot less Pike as well now since the natives were keen to chase the money and encourage foreign anglers who would take Pike.

A situation made worse by the 2018 Designated Salmond Waters Bye-law.