Orrell water park.. wigan

Benny_01

Anybody fished at orrell water park fairly recently?

I live very close and just wondered what peoples experiences are like fishing there.

There are some big carp in both lakes I've seen them loads of times when I've been walking round, i know the owner has said he's restocking the top lake at the end of the year with silver fish.

fredradac

Site Supporter
One of my daughters lives near here and I've walked round a few times with the grandaughters. There was usually somebody fishing and stopping to chat (as you do) suggested carp in the bottom lake with plenty of silverfish in the top lodge.

Benny_01

One of my daughters lives near here and I've walked round a few times with the grandaughters. There was usually somebody fishing and stopping to chat (as you do) suggested carp in the bottom lake with plenty of silverfish in the top lodge.

Thanks for your reply. I have seen decent sized carp in both lakes. The top lake does look more appealing to myself.

It's been forced to close by the council at the minute though so no fishing at all unless i sneak on with a 10ft rod later in the day ?

brokenpole

It is called Madison's now he has a website which says closed the main gate onto the car park is locked but there is a side gate which the walkers are using as far as I know the bigger carp are gradually being taken from the bottom lake to the top lake I think he intends using the bottom lake for matches.

Benny_01

It is called Madison's now he has a website which says closed the main gate onto the car park is locked but there is a side gate which the walkers are using as far as I know the bigger carp are gradually being taken from the bottom lake to the top lake I think he intends using the bottom lake for matches.

Yeah i spoke to the owner a few weeks ago. He said during the winter when the water level raises he has a problem with losing fish from the bottom lake down an overflow stream, he's trying to get it changed. I think he leases it off the council and has big plans for it.

Im sure he mentioned that he holds a 24 hour match on the top lake for the carping lads