Private Original super ultegra

Fishkins

Has anyone got any Shimano super ultegra 1550 ( the first one 30+ years old now ) top kits , broken poles or odd sections hanging around in the loft , shed , garage or even the cupboard under the stairs.
I have two limited addition super ultegra poles 2 of only 100 made.
One has the Allan Scothorn certificate , number 89 if I can remember right. I wonder were the other 98 are . They were painted silky silver grey. They are exactly the same as the original blue & black mk1 . So please go and have a look in all the nooks and crannies and I can cross your palm / palms with coinage

Attachments

• 80661CBE-513D-4C40-8EC9-9C2E90235646.jpeg
    80661CBE-513D-4C40-8EC9-9C2E90235646.jpeg
    346.5 KB · Views: 17

Fishkins

Have you any top kits you might want to part with?
What a silly question, if you did they really need to stay with the pole and never parted .

Irishhybrids

Site Supporter
I have the full pole , plus 2 top kits , you would need to get a confirmed answer on the sections to be sure , what type topkits are yours pal ?

Fishkins

They are the original top 3’s very thin and meant for silvers only but I’ve been catching big fish on it and on the odd occasion lots of them , up to 17 pound by putting black hydro though just a top 2
( 3rd & 2nd )it works a treat for me.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Not the super Ultegra but I do have three of the Shimano Iltegra competition 1400’s. The originals with the burgundy 14 section. Your 30+ year old Super will have been blue in colour will it not ? I know my mate had a Super many years ago I could ask him tomorrow. Forum member Stephanie on here has two full ultegras and I don’t know how many top kits. You could PM Stephanie and ask for advice etc. Other than that there are a few come up on eBay from time to time

Fishkins

Yes they are blue and yes please mate ask your butty . I’ve been looking for ages/ years even but now I’ve joined the drowner’s I’m sure I’ll find what I’m looking for.
The hunt is on. Thanks again
Stephanie you say??

adriang

Site Supporter
if your looking for top kits, a tackle shop might be able to match something to it from a generic kit. I got my father an older Tricast Aristocrat pole, and my local tackle shop sorted me out with a spare kit. They had to trip a few cms off the kit with a dremel to get it to fit, but its perfect serviceable (doesn't match visibly, but its no big deal to me)

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Yes they are blue and yes please mate ask your butty . I’ve been looking for ages/ years even but now I’ve joined the drowner’s I’m sure I’ll find what I’m looking for.
The hunt is on. Thanks again
Stephanie you say??
Mate says his young lad is using it now. Sorry. I did ask. 😩.

Yes. Stephanie on this forum. 👍